Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
quietvoid

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by quietvoid »

thetoad wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:54 am
Q, has there been any work done for colorspace conversion for DV profile 5 to HDR10 or SDR? There's plenty of work on tonemapping HDR10 to SDR, but wondering about for DV content on non DV devices.
Of course, it has been supported in libplacebo and mpv for a while now.
Also, Jellyfin has beta support for real time transcoding: https://www.reddit.com/r/jellyfin/comme ... is_coming/
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

quietvoid wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:44 pm
thetoad wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:54 am
Q, has there been any work done for colorspace conversion for DV profile 5 to HDR10 or SDR? There's plenty of work on tonemapping HDR10 to SDR, but wondering about for DV content on non DV devices.
Of course, it has been supported in libplacebo and mpv for a while now.
Hey, this is new to me. Am I right to assume you mean the cli player https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv ??
Or is there a GUI player too that can tonemap P5 DV to HDR/SDR?
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

ArArdin wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:39 am
Hey, this is new to me. Am I right to assume you mean the cli player https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv ??
Or is there a GUI player too that can tonemap P5 DV to HDR/SDR?
Yes, that mpv. It is a GUI player.
You can also try mpv.net: https://github.com/stax76/mpv.net

For Dolby Vision tone mapping, you need to use vo=gpu-next in the config. Or with the --vo=gpu-next flag in CLI.
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

Thanks quietvoid. V5.8.0.0-beta working like a charm with DV P5 :D (I'm on win 7).

[EDIT] Later version mpvnet 6.0.3.0 also working.
JoseTheBae

Post by JoseTheBae »

Is there some trick to enabling lossless audio in Plex on the Ugoos AM6B Plus? Lossless audio works in Kodi. Oddly, the 32-bit Kodinerds build seems to discard the Full Enhancement Layer in Dolby Vision, even though Plex plays it perfectly. If I can just get lossless audio working in Plex, I will finally achieve full Dolby Vision (FEL) playback.
JoseTheBae

Post by JoseTheBae »

ragico wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:45 am
With Ugoos AM6 plus/Kodi Matrix DV edition (thanks @Fandangos and @quietvoid) Saving Private Ryan (MKV DV) no flicKering like the m2ts on Sony X700.
This is the first time that a device (except Sony X700) does not flickers on this film.
I tried Firestick 4K, Shield 2019 and Google Chromecast with Google TV.
In Ugoos (latest firmware 0.40) also HD audio (True HD Atmos and DTS X) works in passtrough in Kodi.
My soundbar confirms.
Can you please share a link to that specific Kodi build that did not produce flickering for the opening of Saving Private Ryan? For some reason, I get flickering on my Ugoos AM6B Plus in Kodinerds, but not in Plex.
JoseTheBae

Post by JoseTheBae »

NiCE77 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:46 pm
I've tested the Ugoos AM6 Plus media player (Amlogic S922X-J), and it seems, the internal player correctly processing the Full Enhancement Layer from DTDL mp4 file!
https://youtu.be/RYeLEYk_Bys

I'm tried with Kodi 19 custom build and working same with the P7 STDL mkv too!
Can you please share a link to this custom Kodi build? Kodinerds discards the Full Enhancement Layer on my Ugoos AM6B Plus, but Plex does not.
JoseTheBae

Post by JoseTheBae »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:07 am
I got PLEX to trigger both DV and Atmos in a MKV container and for the 5 minutes I watched (power rangers), it was perfectly stable. AVR showed lossless Atmos.
but once again when I stopped playback and started it again, back to lpcm stereo and no more DV. Just gotta wait for a ugoos update, I just sent them another email.

What Plex Client version was this on? I can't get Plex to output lossless audio on my Ugoos AM6B Plus.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

JoseTheBae wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:46 pm
What Plex Client version was this on? I can't get Plex to output lossless audio on my Ugoos AM6B Plus.
no particular version. I was able to make it work about 3-4 times and it just seem to work randomly.
JoseTheBae

Post by JoseTheBae »

I downloaded the modified ExoPlayer build, which I made Kodi's default player. Unfortunately, playback stutters a lot, although it does appear to be processing the Full Enhancement Layer. Is there some other player with smoother Dolby Vision playback, or perhaps a newer version of ExoPlayer?
ragico

Post by ragico »

JoseTheBae wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm
ragico wrote:
With Ugoos AM6 plus/Kodi Matrix DV edition (thanks @Fandangos and @quietvoid) Saving Private Ryan (MKV DV) no flicKering like the m2ts on Sony X700.
This is the first time that a device (except Sony X700) does not flickers on this film.
In Ugoos (latest firmware 0.40) also HD audio (True HD Atmos and DTS X) works in passtrough in Kodi.
My soundbar confirms.
Can you please share a link to that specific Kodi build that did not produce flickering for the opening of Saving Private Ryan? For some reason, I get flickering on my Ugoos AM6B Plus in Kodinerds, but not in Plex.
Here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018
Sorry, I no longer own the Ugoos. It was quite unstable.
JoseTheBae

Post by JoseTheBae »

ragico wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:28 pm
JoseTheBae wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm
ragico wrote:
My soundbar confirms.
Here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018
Sorry, I no longer own the Ugoos. It was quite unstable.
The 32-bit (ARM) build? I believe I tried that and still got flickering (using PlexKodiConnect), but I will give it another try.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Looks like the 2022 LG TVs handle L5 slightly differently. ( I don't know about 2020-2021 models)
Also, list of movies with incorrect L5. And some streaming web-dl have static Dolby Vision... :shock:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... l7gtc/edit

C2:

C8:

Device that ignores L5:
chros

Post by chros »

Hmm, is it with applying the -1 2pt Low WB hack to get proper black on the C2? Can you name an example or upload a sample? Thanks
Awesome compilation BTW!!!
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

chros wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:32 am
Hmm, is it with applying the -1 2pt Low WB hack to get proper black on the C2? Can you name an example or upload a sample? Thanks
Awesome compilation BTW!!!
sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uXoXA4 ... sp=sharing
Just to be clear, this is not an issue with the TV. If L5 was set correctly to 0,0, that scene would be fullscreen like the devices that ignore L5.

I noticed the different behavior because of Amazon Terminal List Season 1 which I converted HDR10plus to DV. The show is 2160p 16:9 with black bars (262,262) but the 15sec amazon intro is full screen no black bars.
Of course, I could just edit that first 15sec L5 and leave the rest to 262,262. I just didn't care enough to put in the work...

This would also be a problem if the video L5 was overcropped but I have never seen that error in any of the commercial DV releases. I do see that error in some of those p2p release groups though.
Example:
Framestore Godzilla P8 hybrid L5 is incorrectly set to (4,4,282,282) when the BL is actually (0,0,280,280) which means the TV will overcrop/display a 4px row on each side of the screen and a 2px row top/bottom which will be distracting on the C2 because those small pixels row won't but solid black like they were on the C8. This behavior is only for internal TV playback.