Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DaMacFunkin

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin »

box4m wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:31 pm
So ive been looking for a sustainable way (and the family have special needs, zoom for example lol) to playback dolby vision mp4s for like 6months now, this thread makes me so happy, you are the best.

For some reason i didnt try MX Player until yesterday, and wow, simple/fast

The issue/question i have is.
It plays dolby vision with HW decoder if i play a certain chapter from Atomic Blonde, from USB-attached.

If i play Atomic Blonde the whole movie from SMB share, it says "hw decoder not available" or something, what goes? You would do me the biggest favour if u have a solution or guidance :(

edit: All made with DVDFab / ffmpeg / mp4box DTS into DVDFab single layer DV

edit again: Some files play, will investigate why some are not
what device are you playing on?
box4m

Post by box4m »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 pm
box4m wrote:
So ive been looking for a sustainable way (and the family have special needs, zoom for example lol) to playback dolby vision mp4s for like 6months now, this thread makes me so happy, you are the best.

It plays dolby vision with HW decoder if i play a certain chapter from Atomic Blonde, from USB-attached.

If i play Atomic Blonde the whole movie from SMB share, it says "hw decoder not available" or something, what goes? You would do me the biggest favour if u have a solution or guidance :(

Sorry i forgot to say, shield 2019
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

box4m wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:25 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 pm
box4m wrote:

Sorry i forgot to say, shield 2019
So MX player on Shield 2019 is playing DV and Atmos?
box4m

Post by box4m »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 pm
No im just wondering in general why DVDFab-made mp4s mostly gives black screen and when i select HW decoder in MX player it says its not supported.
And some, 1-2 really, play with DV triggered and picture
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

box4m wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:02 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 pm
No im just wondering in general why DVDFab-made mp4s mostly gives black screen and when i select HW decoder in MX player it says its not supported.
And some, 1-2 really, play with DV triggered and picture
All mine play fine via Plex on Shield 2019, Shield doesn’t have the appropriate hardware to decode DV, it does it in software / raw processing power, that’s why it requires single layer DV streams.
superfans124

Post by superfans124 »

did I just crawl out from under a rock? or when did DV+DTS-HDMA mp4 start working?

it's working out now, single layer DV with DVDfab, ffmpeg copies DTS-HDMA straight to mp4 (instead of lpcm.mov) and mp4box mux up the 2 mp4s. so that got around the problem of Plex not playing LPCM in DV mp4 on Shield 19. (btw, Angel Heart, Don't Look Now and Hannibal all play on Shield 19 now with this method)

I thought ffmpeg didn't support DTS-HDMA, and I've been doing the dts-hdma -> lpcm.mov for 2 months and didn't know this until now.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

superfans124 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:51 am
I've been doing the dts-hdma -> lpcm.mov for 2 months and didn't know this until now.
oh noes lol, better late than never? :lol:
box4m

Post by box4m »

box4m wrote:

Ok so,

- mp4 single layer DV that are entirely made in dvdfab works with MX Player and 2019 Shield on my Sony AG9.

- mp4 single layer DV that are made from the process below does not trigger DV and the screen is black but with audio (with SW Decoder, if i switch to HW Decoder i get "not supported"), mxplayer is loaded with DTS codec. maybe this is known to not work already, sorry im trying to understand the whole thread :)

1) Get DTSHD audio

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i bluray:\path\to\bluray -map 0:AUDIO_STREAM_ID -c copy %userprofile%\Desktop\dtshd.mp4
2) Create single layer DV mp4 with DVDFab without audio to get the mp4 with single layer DV

3) Create chapters.txt with the following format

CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
CHAPTER01NAME=Chapter1
CHAPTER02=00:10:15.698
CHAPTER02NAME=Chapter2
CHAPTER03=00:22:39.399
CHAPTER03NAME=Chapter3
4) Fuse it all together with mp4box

mp4box.exe -add %userprofile%\Desktop\dvdfab_video.mp4 -add %userprofile%\Desktop\dtshd.mp4:lang=eng -add %userprofile%\Desktop\chapters.txt:chap -brand mp42isom -ab dby1 %userprofile%\Desktop\mp4box_out.mp4
I dont understand 90% of the commands i just do what someone on a forum told me, this should work or its wrong?
superfans124

Post by superfans124 »

Grencola wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:47 am
superfans124 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:51 am
I've been doing the dts-hdma -> lpcm.mov for 2 months and didn't know this until now.
oh noes lol, better late than never? :lol:
ha, haha, hahaha... :(
Bepli

Post by Bepli »

Hey people,
I recently got a new DV tv and got some UHDs ripped that have DV. Sadly I cant seem to properly play them back. The single layer demo files from LG work without any issues.
I tried creating single layer mp4 with EAC3 audio through DVDFab, but sadly they always turn out with picture problems (green and purple tint). I used the first transformers movie for testing. Can someone help me out with this ? I am using a Panasonic GXW804 and even the "Dolby Vision" logo appears in one corner. Dont have any issues with playing back Dolby Vision on Netflix or anything but dual layer files.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Bepli wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:50 pm
Hey people,
I recently got a new DV tv and got some UHDs ripped that have DV. Sadly I cant seem to properly play them back. The single layer demo files from LG work without any issues.
I tried creating single layer mp4 with EAC3 audio through DVDFab, but sadly they always turn out with picture problems (green and purple tint). I used the first transformers movie for testing. Can someone help me out with this ? I am using a Panasonic GXW804 and even the "Dolby Vision" logo appears in one corner. Dont have any issues with playing back Dolby Vision on Netflix or anything but dual layer files.
Don’t know if I am understanding this correctly, but if you want to create single or double layer Dolby Vision files with Eac-3 audio you only need DVDfab and the full disk back up (MKV’s ripped with both video streams in won’t work).
When you load the file in fab and choose DV output then click the spanner at the side to choose single or duel layer, the last few versions of fab lost the ability to do this but it seems to be ‘fixed’ in the latest version.
All my single layer rips like this have worked via Plex on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2029, LG C7 and LG C9.
Both the LGs will also play dual layer.
All my other rips work also when I add DTS-HD/X.
The only DTS-HD title I have had problems with is Gladiator.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Hi Grencola, I used your tool for the first time, it automatically produced a dual layer file, is there a way for it to produce a single layer file?
Thank you.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:22 pm
Hi Grencola, I used your tool for the first time, it automatically produced a dual layer file, is there a way for it to produce a single layer file?
Thank you.
Only dvdfab has the technology to do this, unfortunately. I can release an update when I get time to automate the process of turning a no-audio dvdfab mp4 into an hd-audio mp4 though, if that helps?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

If you have time that would br great.

It’s specifically Gkadoator I need help with. dvdfab Doesn’t choose the right playlist 401, manually choosing this playlist gives you a small file.
TS Muxer can’t remix this playlist either, Mkv toolnix will, this is where I need to Convert to single layer then add DTS-HD.
Fffmeg demuxes the DTS-hd from 401 correctly also.
extranet

Post by extranet »

OK this is a very long thread. I've looked through, tried a couple of things with DVDfab but it's just HDR. So my simple question is how do I get make DV rips/copies of my discs that I can then play on my 2019 Shield with HDR+DV?