Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SeaZe

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by SeaZe »

Hi I have read a lot about how to get Dolby Vision with FEL to play on my LG CX. It seems like the internal player of LG CX can only play Dolby Vision with MEL and not FEL is this true? Also what filetypes can it play, can the LG CX play mkv with Dolby Vision MEL? Will the LG CX’s internal player never be able to play Dolby vision with FEL?

If the internal player is not the way to go would I have to get the x700 to play Dolby Vision with FEL, or could some of these chinese oppo clones do it? Which one should I get, would the M9702 v3 be able to play Dolby Vision FEL with lossless audio? I saw one that costs 50 dollars on ebay is this legit? Where can I see what devices play Dolby Vision with FEL and the filetypes supported?

I’m new to the scene and just got my LG CX a few weeks ago would really appericiate if somebody could answer my questions. I feel like it is so hard to get information on this stuff compared to other tech stuff. There is just this and avforums that talk about it
galarond

Post by galarond »

pepi420 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:56 am
I have the same problem on my lg b6 oled when plays skyscraper. After 5 min of movie lg music and video app close and shows ‘out of memory’
Any solution ???
Same problem here, only a few mp4 dual layer dv movies play normally, other like "It" have flikering, and with like 80% i get the run out of memory issue even turning tv off power and closing all recent used apps, seems a ram issue so the only solution is a external player, i hate plex and all that server crap so ill buy a bluray lg and connect my external hard drive with dv movies there, only accepts till 2tb btw.
galarond

Post by galarond »

SeaZe wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:04 am
Hi I have read a lot about how to get Dolby Vision with FEL to play on my LG CX. It seems like the internal player of LG CX can only play Dolby Vision with MEL and not FEL is this true? Also what filetypes can it play, can the LG CX play mkv with Dolby Vision MEL? Will the LG CX’s internal player never be able to play Dolby vision with FEL?

If the internal player is not the way to go would I have to get the x700 to play Dolby Vision with FEL, or could some of these chinese oppo clones do it? Which one should I get, would the M9702 v3 be able to play Dolby Vision FEL with lossless audio? I saw one that costs 50 dollars on ebay is this legit? Where can I see what devices play Dolby Vision with FEL and the filetypes supported?

I’m new to the scene and just got my LG CX a few weeks ago would really appericiate if somebody could answer my questions. I feel like it is so hard to get information on this stuff compared to other tech stuff. There is just this and avforums that talk about it
Yeah i feel your pain, i have a Lg B6,running memory issues with dv mp dual layers, cannot play mkv dv and others. You will mostly not get many answers because a lot of ppl here uses Plex, media servers and all that crap so they will tell you to buy a nvidia shield pro and plex your life there.

Im been reading for almost months now about this and the best choice is the lg ubk90 bluray player and use your external drive there, only till 2tb, it plays everything fine,but no isos or bluray rip carpets,so mkv, mp4, single dual layer all fine.

the sony x700 its very buggy but still miles better that the shield pro, we r talking about video files, ppl these days is so into streamming that they talk about that mostly but most tv from last 5 years have all of that so no point to buy a streaming box, you need a media player and thta best, and cheap is the lg ubk90.

sry for rge crappy english
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

galarond wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:48 pm
Im been reading for almost months now about this and the best choice is the lg ubk90 bluray player and use your external drive there, only till 2tb, it plays everything fine,but no isos or bluray rip carpets,so mkv, mp4, single dual layer all fine.
I don't know where you're getting your info from, but there have been no reports of the ubk90 being able to play dual layer files from any format outside of mp4, meaning it cannot do DL DV + lossless audio unless you're playing the physical disk. If you're reporting this info yourself from personal experience, then that's good news to the rest of us. The only devices that is confirmed capable of playing DL FEL DV + lossless audio is the x700/x800m2 (dual track m2ts/ts format) and the oppo 203/205 and its clones (bdmv/iso). And no, you will not find the oppo clones on ebay, especially not for under $300.
galarond

Post by galarond »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:56 pm
galarond wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:48 pm
I don't know where you're getting your info from, but there have been no reports of the ubk90 being able to play dual layer files from any format outside of mp4, meaning it cannot do DL DV + lossless audio unless you're playing the physical disk. If you're reporting this info yourself from personal experience, then that's good news to the rest of us. The only devices that is confirmed capable of playing DL FEL DV + lossless audio is the x700/x800m2 (dual track m2ts/ts format) and the oppo 203/205 and its clones (bdmv/iso). And no, you will not find the oppo clones on ebay, especially not for under $300.

As i read the x700 cant reproduce the new mkv dolby vision movies, the dual layer ones, or the dual layers mixed in 1 video file inside the mkv, im i wrong?

i really dont care about the lossless audio, im more into the dolby vision image cause the lg b6 own player cabt handle most dolby vision movies "running out of memory".

Also i read that the x700 have freezing issues with discs and asometimes a weird color interpretationof dolby vision movies
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

galarond wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:17 am
As i read the x700 cant reproduce the new mkv dolby vision movies, the dual layer ones, or the dual layers mixed in 1 video file inside the mkv, im i wrong?
Like I said, the x700 can only play them in m2ts/ts containers. There are no devices out there at the moment that can play FEL DV in mkvs with full accuracy.
tr000

Post by tr000 »

daddy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:32 am
External subtitles works in mp4.
You just have to name the srt file exactly like the mp4 file.

In general, yes, though some software has limited or no support for external .SRT files on .MP4 files (e.g., Windows Media Server).
blenky

Post by blenky »

I have a Sony ubp-x700 player. Can someone explain how I can use that to play DV MT2S files? Do I have to copy them to USB or can I access files on my NAS? Cheers.
staknhalo

Post by staknhalo »

If I don't care about per-pixel-perfection, outside of very obvious negative artifacts - would converting to profile 8 be best for broadest device playback compatibility vs keeping profile 7?
Roberespa

Post by Roberespa »

-Hello:

Could you provide me with the links to the latest version of
-python
-mp4muxer
and the one that brings everything incorporated including FFmpeg (The version that a user made that brings everything together).

Thanks a lot.
Please, I can't find the last x32 and 64 Bits (python)!
Give me a hand

-Greetings to Crodiales. :|
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Vlc 4.0 is announced, but no dolby vision support. Sad.
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

staknhalo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:03 am
If I don't care about per-pixel-perfection, outside of very obvious negative artifacts - would converting to profile 8 be best for broadest device playback compatibility vs keeping profile 7?
Yes
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
daicon

Post by daicon »

XTrojan wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:46 pm
Anyone know if the new Google ChromeCast (4th generation) can playback DV BluRays formats with full support FEL etc?
Here say that work DV FEL:
https://www.avpasion.com/foro/t/nuevo-c ... -mel.3588/

Any try?
is true?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

daicon wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm
XTrojan wrote:
Anyone know if the new Google ChromeCast (4th generation) can playback DV BluRays formats with full support FEL etc?

Any try?
is true?
I'm skeptical. Even if it's capable of playing FEL, I suspect that it's just ignoring the EL like what the Shield is doing. I highly doubt that the Chromecast has the dual decoders needed to properly playback FEL.
daicon

Post by daicon »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:43 am
daicon wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm
XTrojan wrote:

Any try?
is true?
I'm skeptical. Even if it's capable of playing FEL, I suspect that it's just ignoring the EL like what the Shield is doing. I highly doubt that the Chromecast has the dual decoders needed to properly playback FEL.
I understand.

I have written in the forum, asking you to use the samples that were uploaded here to check if a device is removing the FEL "layer".

Let's see if in the meantime, someone has more information.