Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DaMacFunkin
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:05 pm
Roberespa wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:46 am
Inside the LG menu.
The television model says:
OLED55B6V-Z
and at the end an interesting fact.
Dolby Vision 0.9.0

I also tried MakeMKV v1.15.3 but the TV won't open it.
Demomento only worked (opened it) with Dolby Vision in .mp4

Thanks for answering me.
I wait your answer.

I don't know if the problem will be the file size ... = (
you don't need a ts/mkv file if you play them in your LG B6. stick with the mp4muxer.
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:07 am

Hi, you don’t say what your playback device is?
TLOTR and The Hobbit are MEL so the easiest way to create Dolby Vision MKV is Makemkv.
LOTR are FEL DV
Sorry only ripped The Hobbits upto now and they are MEL, blu-ray.com listed TLOTR as MEL also so didn’t have a reason to question it.
Roberespa
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Roberespa »

What you say about my TV:
LG OLED55B6V
That Dolby Vision does not play without being in .mp4 "is false".

This file taken from a test website shows that my TV is capable of opening Dolby Vision, at least in .ts format

I attach the link:
https://uptobox.com/q0tk0wifzm5f

Returning to my question. Is there a command to merge Hevc1 and hevc2 from the "cmd" command prompt and give me a .mkv or .ts video file?

Thank you so much everyone.
Waiting for your reply.
userr
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by userr »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:07 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:05 pm
Roberespa wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:46 am
Inside the LG menu.
The television model says:
OLED55B6V-Z
and at the end an interesting fact.
Dolby Vision 0.9.0

I also tried MakeMKV v1.15.3 but the TV won't open it.
Demomento only worked (opened it) with Dolby Vision in .mp4

Thanks for answering me.
I wait your answer.

I don't know if the problem will be the file size ... = (
you don't need a ts/mkv file if you play them in your LG B6. stick with the mp4muxer.
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:07 am

Hi, you don’t say what your playback device is?
TLOTR and The Hobbit are MEL so the easiest way to create Dolby Vision MKV is Makemkv.
LOTR are FEL DV
Sorry only ripped The Hobbits upto now and they are MEL, blu-ray.com listed TLOTR as MEL also so didn’t have a reason to question it.
How do we even know if its "MEL" or "FEL" when theres a bitrate of roughly 2Mb/s like in LOTR?
RESET_9999
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

userr wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:00 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:07 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:05 pm


you don't need a ts/mkv file if you play them in your LG B6. stick with the mp4muxer.



LOTR are FEL DV
Sorry only ripped The Hobbits upto now and they are MEL, blu-ray.com listed TLOTR as MEL also so didn’t have a reason to question it.
How do we even know if its "MEL" or "FEL" when theres a bitrate of roughly 2Mb/s like in LOTR?
MEL movies bitrate are in 100kbps or less.
also a scan with BDinfo will tell you. Makemkv tells you that info too.

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00803.MPLS
Length: 1:46:39.184
Size: 70,767,261,696 bytes
Total Bitrate: 88.47 Mbps

Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-H HEVC Video 64757 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video 2098 kbps (3.14%) 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / Dolby Vision FEL / BT.2020
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file
Marvin
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Marvin »

~2Mbit/s FEL is in fact MEL that is padded. It can be easily verified when using tools to extract the EL+RPU and looking at it in an hex editor. Or even better, try compressing that "FEL" layer and in case of LOTR the 2GB+ file will compress to about 6MB.

More information about the 2Mbit padding is in the first post of https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448

What is strange is that LOTR is padded MEL to 2Mbit/s but Hobbits are pure MEL with no padding.
userr
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by userr »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 pm
userr wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:00 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Sorry only ripped The Hobbits upto now and they are MEL, blu-ray.com listed TLOTR as MEL also so didn’t have a reason to question it.
How do we even know if its "MEL" or "FEL" when theres a bitrate of roughly 2Mb/s like in LOTR?
MEL movies bitrate are in 100kbps or less.
also a scan with BDinfo will tell you. Makemkv tells you that info too.

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00803.MPLS
Length: 1:46:39.184
Size: 70,767,261,696 bytes
Total Bitrate: 88.47 Mbps

Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-H HEVC Video 64757 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video 2098 kbps (3.14%) 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / Dolby Vision FEL / BT.2020
makemkv lists LOTR as BL+MEL+RPU
quietvoid
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by quietvoid »

LOTR 1 at least is MEL, the values in the RPU coincide with what Dolby says to recognize MEL.
RESET_9999
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

userr wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:48 pm


makemkv lists LOTR as BL+MEL+RPU
well, BDinfo is probably more accurate because it scans the whole movie bitrate. Makemkv thought the Spears and Munsil DV file were both MEL too.
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file
RESET_9999
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

quietvoid wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:05 pm
LOTR 1 at least is MEL, the values in the RPU coincide with what Dolby says to recognize MEL.
strange Bdinfo say its FEL.
I thought the point of using MEL, was to not take more space on the disc. But the MEL track on the Spears and munsill is also in the 2mb/s if I remember correctly. I don't think I ever noticed a mel movie with more than 100kbps bitrate

Disc Title: The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Fellowship.of.the.Ring.2001.DISC1
Disc Size: 73,422,813,471 bytes
Protection: AACS2
Extras: Ultra HD, BD-Java
BDInfo: 0.7.5.9

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00803.MPLS
Length: 1:45:43.378
Size: 72,402,579,456 bytes
Total Bitrate: 91.31 Mbps

Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-H HEVC Video 67684 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video 2099 kbps (3.01%) 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / Dolby Vision FEL / BT.2020
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file
RESET_9999
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

Roberespa wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:55 pm

That Dolby Vision does not play without being in .mp4 "is false".

No one said that. We are telling you that if your playback device is the LG B6, your best option is dual layer MP4
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file
quietvoid
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by quietvoid »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:10 pm
strange Bdinfo say its FEL.
I thought the point of using MEL, was to not take more space on the disc. But the MEL track on the Spears and munsill is also in the 2mb/s if I remember correctly. I don't think I ever noticed a mel movie with more than 100kbps bitrate
I don't know which BDInfo that is, DVDFab's? If it is that one then there's not much can be done as it is proprietary..
Also MakeMKV 1.15.3 has a bug with the Spears & Munsil video being detected as FEL: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 003#p97003
The MEL can be encoded at any bitrate, it is just recommended to be lower because it is a blank image. The EL can be played to confirm this.
Roberespa
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Roberespa »

The television model:
OLED55B6V

The result of MakeMKV unfortunately my TV does not play the video .mkv = (

Returning to my question. Is there a command to merge Hevc1 and hevc2 from the "cmd" command prompt and give me a .mkv or .ts video file?

Thank you so much everyone.
Waiting for your reply.

Please help me.
DaMacFunkin
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Roberespa wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:31 pm
The television model:
OLED55B6V

The result of MakeMKV unfortunately my TV does not play the video .mkv = (

Returning to my question. Is there a command to merge Hevc1 and hevc2 from the "cmd" command prompt and give me a .mkv or .ts video file?

Thank you so much everyone.
Waiting for your reply.

Please help me.
It has been said, Dolby Vision in MKV will not play as Dolby Vision via internal player on LG TV. Use mp4.
chros
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:36 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by chros »

quietvoid wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:45 pm
The EL can be played to confirm this.
What do you mean exactly? Thanks
RESET_9999
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

chros wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 pm
quietvoid wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:45 pm
The EL can be played to confirm this.
What do you mean exactly? Thanks
if you play the EL, you can see that it's a blank grey image, therefore a MEL title.
Quietvoid is right. The LOTR are MEL with an unusually high bitrate
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file
Post Reply