beatsntoons

The Great Gatsby

Post by beatsntoons »

Hi all

Having trouble recognising this disc.

When I start MakeMKV it doesn't recognise there's a disc inserted
No Disc.JPG
No Disc.JPG (32.66 KiB) Viewed 9507 times
Trying to manually open shows there is no disc inserted.
Empty.jpg
Empty.jpg (152.54 KiB) Viewed 9508 times
Once I open/close the drive, I get the loading/spinning message. I can hear my drive spin up, then slow down, then spin up, rinse repeat. Then after a while it stops and goes back to the first screenshot above.
All other discs rip fine. It's just this title. Disc has been cleaned, looks to be in good shape, but MakeMKV doesn't acknowledge it

Just a faulty disc?
Attachments
Empty.jpg
Empty.jpg (152.54 KiB) Viewed 9509 times
Woodstock

Re: The Great Gatsby

Post by Woodstock »

If you exit MakeMKV, does the operating system recognize that the disk is loaded, and allow you to check the directory contents?

Does it work with other UHD disks? What about "regular" blurays?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
beatsntoons

Post by beatsntoons »

hi Woodstock.

Exiting MakeMKV and viewing in Explorer, I can't see any files loaded on the drive (I can't right click the drive in Explorer, it just hangs). I don't get a "disc inserted" message for this title when I insert it as I do other titles.
For all other titles, UHD and standard Blu-ray, the drive works fine. I ripped Everest 5 minutes before this, and over the past few days ripped Deadpool 2 and Wind River (4K and 1080p discs)

edit, Explorer woke up and when I went to view the contents, Windows physically opened the drive and said no disc was inserted.
beatsntoons

Post by beatsntoons »

Okay... solved?

Powered down my machine (again). Removed the SATA cable from my other drive, and power cable and plugged into the ASUS.
Chucked in the BR and UHD versions of Serenity, they were picked up fine.

So tried again with The Great Gatsby and now it can be read!

Three 79.8GB titles though 0062/63/64.mpls... will have to figure out which one is the correct version.
thrillcat

Post by thrillcat »

beatsntoons wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am
Okay... solved?

Powered down my machine (again). Removed the SATA cable from my other drive, and power cable and plugged into the ASUS.
Chucked in the BR and UHD versions of Serenity, they were picked up fine.

So tried again with The Great Gatsby and now it can be read!

Three 79.8GB titles though 0062/63/64.mpls... will have to figure out which one is the correct version.
Not to dig up a buried thread, but did you ever figure out the difference between these three versions? The only difference I see is that they all 3 report slightly different bitrates. I haven't watched any of them yet, but skimming them didn't show any obvious differences.
frogurt

Post by frogurt »

Looks like 0064.mpls doesn't have as many language or subtitle tracks as 62 and 63, so we can ignore 64.

0062.mpls and 0063.mpls both have the same number of chapters. I ripped both and confirmed all the chapters match visually.

I haven't done a more in-depth analysis yet.
frogurt

Post by frogurt »

I ripped both 0062.mpls and 0063.mpls and couldn't tell the difference.

I watched 0062.mpls all the way through and it looked correct.

I'm just going with that one for now.