Nightmare Beach, Cannibal Apocalypse, In & Out

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
BrianDW

Nightmare Beach, Cannibal Apocalypse, In & Out

Post by BrianDW » Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:05 am

Nightmare Beach, Cannibal Apocalypse, In & Out 4K Dumps submitted.

poly888

Re: Nightmare Beach, Cannibal Apocalypse, In & Out

Post by poly888 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:56 am

I'm kind of new here, what is this supposed to mean and what's the purpose of this thread? Genuinely interested

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock » Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Properly done, threads like this are supposed to let people know what disks have had their data submitted. But, people seems to forget that the name of the file submitted includes data that lets OTHERS know what's already submitted, so people have to guess.

Three movies had their data submitted, there should have been 3 4-character codes included in the message announcing that fact. But, sadly, that data is missing. Considering that each can have multiple encodings, everyone is left guessing.

dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:58 am

poly888 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:56 am
I'm kind of new here, what is this supposed to mean and what's the purpose of this thread? Genuinely interested
4K UHDs have a more complicated encryption scheme than DVDs and regular blu-rays. As such, when MakeMKV tries to decrypt a UHD, it tries to download the necessary hashed key to decrypt the disc. If the necessary key is not available, then MakeMKV creates a dump file. Users email those dump files to svq@makemkv.com, where they are processed and a hashed key is eventually made available.

Generally speaking, it is considered good form to post to the forum when you've emailed a dump. And, as Woodstock suggests, include the name of the dump file you emailed in. If two users generate the same dump file name, their discs require the same hashed key to decrypt. If they generate different dump file names, they require a different hashed key. This way people can know if they need to send their dump or not.

UHD FAQ

bsather

Post by bsather » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Dump submitted

MKB20_v77_Nightmare_Beach_3830

poly888

Post by poly888 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:15 pm

Thanks @Woodstock and @dcoke22 those are answers that are more detailed than I would have thought very clear, I might have to re-read them a few more times before understanding it fully haha