Anyone have luck ripping Mean Girls (2024)?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Tansill

Anyone have luck ripping Mean Girls (2024)?

Post by Tansill » Thu May 30, 2024 4:43 pm

Hi all, I've tried two different disks on two different drives and in all cases I'm getting "HashCheckErrors" and countless "MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" messages.

I know the conventional wisdom says it's an issue with the disk and/or drive, but curious if anyone has had luck with this one, as I'm not seeing any posts about the hash dump being submitted yet (nor does my machine comment that it created one).

To clarify, I'm talking about the new musical Mean Girls movie, not the OG 2004 Mean Girls that was also recently released in 4k UHD.

Thank you!

Woodstock

Re: Anyone have luck ripping Mean Girls (2024)?

Post by Woodstock » Thu May 30, 2024 6:03 pm

Generally, if a 4K disk just starts ripping, it means the key has already been processed and is accessible to MakeMKV.

Two different drives having the same issue with the disk usually means a disk issue, which points to cleaning as the first step. This is especially true if the case has any residue in it, like "sucker marks".

Tansill

Re: Anyone have luck ripping Mean Girls (2024)?

Post by Tansill » Thu May 30, 2024 6:21 pm

Yeah it was two different disks as well, but I'll try the cleaning method.

I have no idea how the dumps are stored on the backend, but was curious if it's possible that the 2024 movie was inadvertently picking up the 2004 movie's dump file for decryption, since they're both called simply "Mean Girls"? Probably just some hopium on my part, but figured it's worth asking.