First time ripping "fail"

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
joe.emilio

First time ripping "fail"

Post by joe.emilio » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:12 am

Hello I am getting a message saying "copy complete. 0 titles saved, 1 failed". I think I messed up in my flashing process. I followed a video from TwoGuyzTech and bought an LG WH14NS40 and also followed the forum however I didn't see the same file they used to flash in the "All You Need Firmware Pack (MartyMcNuts)" so I used one that looked similar. The TwoGuyzTech used a file called "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS60-1.02-NM00100-211810291936.bin" and I used one titled "DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.02_MK.bin". In their description they put a link to their firmware pack they used but I already flashed my player with the wrong firmware I think. Can I undo it? Am I getting this message because of the file I used? :cry:

MartyMcNuts

Re: First time ripping "fail"

Post by MartyMcNuts » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:32 pm

joe.emilio wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:12 am
Hello I am getting a message saying "copy complete. 0 titles saved, 1 failed". I think I messed up in my flashing process. I followed a video from TwoGuyzTech and bought an LG WH14NS40 and also followed the forum however I didn't see the same file they used to flash in the "All You Need Firmware Pack (MartyMcNuts)" so I used one that looked similar. The TwoGuyzTech used a file called "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS60-1.02-NM00100-211810291936.bin" and I used one titled "DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.02_MK.bin". In their description they put a link to their firmware pack they used but I already flashed my player with the wrong firmware I think. Can I undo it? Am I getting this message because of the file I used? :cry:
That's the exact same firmware and the correct one. You must have had some read errors during the rip. Clean the disc before trying to rip again.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com

joe.emilio

Post by joe.emilio » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:52 am

That's the exact same firmware and the correct one. You must have had some read errors during the rip. Clean the disc before trying to rip again.
Yeah I tried a few other disks and they ripped perfectly. Thank you for responding to me. I'm having issues ripping my Fury disk 4k uhd. Probably need to buy an actual cleaner for it.

Bandito

Post by Bandito » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:16 pm

joe.emilio wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:52 am
Yeah I tried a few other disks and they ripped perfectly. Thank you for responding to me. I'm having issues ripping my Fury disk 4k uhd. Probably need to buy an actual cleaner for it.
I have a brand NEW freshly opend UHD "FURY" Brad Pitt "HERZ AUS STAHL" German Version.
The will not make the full backup.
They comes a lot of error messages.

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:22 pm

Bandito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:16 pm
joe.emilio wrote:
I have a brand NEW freshly opend UHD "FURY" Brad Pitt "HERZ AUS STAHL" German Version.
ok but did you follow the recommendations here?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com

Bandito

Post by Bandito » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:52 pm

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:22 pm
Bandito wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:16 pm
joe.emilio wrote:

ok but did you follow the recommendations here?
I think yes.
The Disc is brand new and totally clean and no dust there.
I hav now finished over 50 UHD and 12 normal BD all full backup are worked and OK.
For some Minutes i have another not working Disc.
Also UHD and Also BRAND NEW NEVER TOUCHED BEFORE. IRON MAN 3
But here are the information from FURY HERZ AUS STAHL GERMAN VERSION

As the INFO from MakeMKV i have this here installed:
Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: KLQL6DBxxxx
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disc Information
Label: FURY
Timestamp: 2018-03-12 13:12:01
Protection: AACS2.1/C v61
Data capacity: 91.2 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 3
Bus encryption flags: 80

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL » Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:21 pm

Same thing I said in the last thread applies to this one. BRAND NEW NEVER TOUCHED doesn't mean a damn thing. Clean the disc. I don't care if it "looks clean". You are not looking at it through a microscope and UHD packs a TON of data on triple layer discs.

Bandito

Post by Bandito » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:40 am

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:21 pm
Same thing I said in the last thread applies to this one. BRAND NEW NEVER TOUCHED doesn't mean a damn thing. Clean the disc. I don't care if it "looks clean". You are not looking at it through a microscope and UHD packs a TON of data on triple layer discs.
Same Text as i write.
Now i have understand what can be.
Ohh ok.
I thought that a new unpacked UHd was in perfect condition.
In other words, that there are no problems like dust or fingerprints.
I will try to clean it.
Thank you for your detailed description of the problems that can occur.
I thought it might be due to a new copy protection or maybe even that you got a disc that nobody has read before.

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL » Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:08 am

No it happens all the time that discs directly from the package need to be cleaned. The quality of these discs is not very good. Triple layer discs are the most problematic as they cram so much data into such tiny areas on the disc. What may look clean to the naked eye may in fact be a disc that can't be read. Pioneer drives are by far the best at reading these discs.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk