The Last Duel - Unable to decrypt

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Khaaan

The Last Duel - Unable to decrypt

#1 Post by Khaaan » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:55 am

Hi all,

So just got the 4k version and went to decrypt but getting the normal volume key error. I know the standard procedure, but what confuses me is the day before I ripped the new Highlander 4k and it grabbed the latest keys. So I know I have keys ever since the movie was released last year (Dec 2021). This is just the standard 4k US version from amazon.

Any reason why it wouldn't decrypt, anything I should be looking at? I can still submit the .tgz file, but not sure if that is the issue.

d00zah

Re: The Last Duel - Unable to decrypt

#2 Post by d00zah » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:19 am

There are often multiple keys for a given title... from the FAQ:

I see a movie discussed in the forum, but MakeMKV won't open my disc.
There are multiple versions of UHDs for each movie (countries, retailers, rentals) and there may be multiple keys for even the same version, so it's possible that your particular disc isn't decrypted yet. Submit the dump file!

Khaaan

Re: The Last Duel - Unable to decrypt

#3 Post by Khaaan » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:54 am

Thanks,

I remember reading that a while ago but totally forgot about it. I did submit my dump file, so will wait and see.

I guess I was just surprised since it's the same 4k UHD from Amazon US that's been up for a year. Maybe they updated the disc or made changes but figured it wouldn't have changed since original release.