Problems with Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse UHD, no problems with BD version

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RangerEnn

Problems with Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse UHD, no problems with BD version

Post by RangerEnn »

Hi everyone. I have recently bought a TechPulse120 drive (HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N) to rip some UHD BluRays. It reads normal BluRays perfectly but I'm struggling to remux Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (UHD). The edition I bought comes with a UHD and BD versions in the same box (also comes with extras in a third disc). I have successfully remuxed the BD version but the UHD version is giving me hard time.

There's a post in this forum from a member having trouble with the same film, and although it seems like a similar problem. the error present in the log seems very different from mine. I have already submitted a copy of the dump.tgz to MakeMKV support email, but wanted to ask if someone stumbled with the same problem and knows its cause.

Here's a summary of the log (ommited some repeated lines because of character limit):

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.4 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..07F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..07F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..0BF to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..07F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..07F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..0FF to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\EnricRyzen-PC/.MakeMKV ...
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\EnricRyzen-PC/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v68_Spider-Man-_Into_the_Spider-Verse_42EF.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc
Here's my drive information:

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.00
Firmware date: 2116-12-20 15:28
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.00
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disc Information
Label: SPIDER-MAN_INTO_SPIDER-VERSE
Timestamp: 2019-01-28 10:20:25
Protection: AACS2.0/C v68
Data capacity: 56.37 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 2
Bus encryption flags: 80

Thank you very much.
Billycar11

Re: Problems with Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse UHD, no problems with BD version

Post by Billycar11 »

Hmm that's strange it should work try after a reboot of the drive and PC unplug the drive for at least a min.
And do a full shutdown of the pc
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
RangerEnn

Re: Problems with Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse UHD, no problems with BD version

Post by RangerEnn »

Hi Billycar11. Thanks for your reply.

Already tried:
- Downgrade to 1.16.5, 1.16.7, 1.17.3.
- Full restart between installations.
- Plugging and unplugging drive between failures.
- Changing java runtime from 17 to 8.
- Installing ccexctractor and configuring MakeMKV to point to it.

Same result every time. My pc is a Ryzen 5800X on an X470 mobo with all its drivers installed. Also tried on my laptop (Dell with i3-1035g1). I'm starting to think that there's something weird with this disc's DRM or a bad interaction with MakeMKV, but I don't know about any free software that could allow me to reach a conclusion about the cause.

The things that both PCs have in common that come to my mind:
- MakeMKV 1.17.4
- Windows 11 latest release.
- Currently Java 8 (not the exact same version but very close).

Is there any way I can test playback a UHD BluRay on Windows 11 without all this DRM circus (HDCP and so)? Thanks.
RangerEnn

Post by RangerEnn »

Ok, found the issue: the enclosure the drive comes with. Getting the drive out and connecting it via miniSATA-USB allows MakeMKV to access with LibreDrive mode, thus allowing decryption of the drive. What in the actual heck TechPulse120, why you do this?

I'll try flashing the drive to 1.03MK, but I suspect it will have no effect since the problem resides between the drive and the PC.

Thanks a lot for your help, specially you Billycar11, you helped me on multiple posts.

I'll share more info if I get the default enclosure to work.
RangerEnn

Post by RangerEnn »

I said that I would post an update if I managed to make the stock enclosure to work. I didn't.

I bought an offbrand USB mini-SATA enclosure and a LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N. The full set costed almost half as much as the TechPulse120 product and works like a charm.