Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DavidGA

Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark

Post by DavidGA »

This disc gives the error "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted".

I did Google this error, but the results say that this is what happens if you try to rip an ISO file, or a copy of a disc. But this is an original 4K blu-ray disc. Other discs rip OK.

MakeMKV produced a "AACS dump file". I don't know what that is but I'm attaching it.
Attachments
MKB20_v70_Spears_&_Munsil_UHD_HDR_Benchmark_5B83.tgz
(183.87 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
Woodstock

Re: Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark

Post by Woodstock »

Emailing the tgz file to svq@makemkv.com will go much faster than posting on the forum.

UHD titles that haven't had a dump file submitted will generate the dump file and suggest you send it in. After that, you can try the rip in a few days to see if the hash key table has been updated.

ISO versions are problematic because information necessary to create the dump file is not there.
DavidGA

Post by DavidGA »

Ah, please ignore this, I'm an idiot. I had "internet access" turned off in MakeMKV so it couldn't download new key things.

I turned it on and now it's fine.

Sorry, my fault.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

i think this setting needs a tool tip thats says if disabled you cant rip UHD discs
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
rec head

Post by rec head »

Does anyone have a list of the titles that are used for the basic calibration as described in the guide? I just bought the disc and want to do the calibration from my HTPC because that is what I use for movie watching. I don't want to have to rip the all the titles and look for the ones I need.

Thanks.