Trouble Ripping UHD discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
filmripper21

Trouble Ripping UHD discs

Post by filmripper21 »

Hello everyone, a newbie here needing some help ripping UHD discs using my new drive I bought from Alex a week ago. I can rip regular bluray discs perfectly, without encountering any problem. The problem lies with me trying to rip my 4K discs -- backing up the whole folder works alright but I don't want to do that because I do not have unlimited disk space.

These are the error messages I'm encountering:

• Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed
  • The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
  • Failed to open disc

I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you!
preserve

Re: Trouble Ripping UHD discs

Post by preserve »

These messages indicate that MakeMKV tried to download the latest keys, but failed. You may have a firewall or DNS issue. If you have an antivirus program running, it may be blocking the download.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17848
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
joheinable

Post by joheinable »

I'm having the same errors recently. Checked DNS and Firewall as mentioned in the postet thread(s).
I can open Discs I opened before though, no idea if this is hinting to anything. Any further ideas?
preserve

Post by preserve »

joheinable wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:33 am
I'm having the same errors recently. Checked DNS and Firewall as mentioned in the postet thread(s).
I can open Discs I opened before though, no idea if this is hinting to anything. Any further ideas?
Yes, for any discs you previously opened, those keys will already have been downloaded to your system. It's probably best to go to the main thread on this topic that I linked above. It sounds as if some others are also experiencing the issue, so it's likely server downtime, and you'll just have to wait for it to be resolved.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
joheinable

Post by joheinable »

Thanks, suspected as much.
SyrimSloane

Post by SyrimSloane »

Use a VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk