Disc copy

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Legacy

Disc copy

Post by Legacy »

Good day,

I have a couple of issues.

1) "The Equalizer 3." A large portion of the movie is in Italian. There are sub-titles in English. When played using the The DVD it shows the English sub-titles, however, multiple copies do not show the English sub-titles.I do ensure forced sub-titles is selected and I have tried multiple other options offered in the copy, yet none work.

2) I have a 4k UHD disk of "Jurassic Park." I use the same process in copy that I have used for all other disks and this is the only one that copies with video only. No sound at all. I have also tried multiple times with this and variable options without resolution.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Billycar11

Re: Disc copy

Post by Billycar11 »

both are very likely caused by your player

try vlc im guessing your using the windows one i actually reported that to them about when it swaps from Dolby to dts or the other way you get no audio but they marked it as solved and linked to an unrelated issue ahh Microsoft lol.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Thank you for the reply. After I rip the movies, I test them on the system that I have a connected USB drive to that I use as the ripped file source and it is also the back-up repository. So yes, it is a windows media player issue. I did open the file using "VLC", and it does have the sound.

I copied the file to my Plex server and it works fine there as well. The English sub-titles within "The Equalizer 3" is loaded on the Plex server and the English sub-titles do not show. I'll need to play around with the copying. The "B" of it is, each time I have a thought on changing something to see if it works, means another copy process.

All of the above are loaded on a Plex server for the purposes of streaming to TV's only.

Again, thank you for replying.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

There's a handy utility called mediaInfo that can show you what's in your .mkv files. Being able to see what subtitle tracks and audio tracks are in the file can be useful when trying to figure things out.
Epitaph

Post by Epitaph »

dcoke22 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:38 pm
There's a handy utility called mediaInfo that can show you what's in your .mkv files. Being able to see what subtitle tracks and audio tracks are in the file can be useful when trying to figure things out.
... and hovering over an mkv and getting a popup showing this info is the cats meow. It is indispensable.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Thanks for the information and I will look into it.

However, This is not an issue of sub-titles per se. Once loaded to "Plex", I can engage sub-titles. The issue is that the movies theme is based in Italy, and at times there is a lot of Italian being spoken. Playing off the disk, there are English sub-titles for the Italian only as opposed to setting up sub-titles and having it for both the English and Italian.

I've tried multiple variables in ripping, and none provide that of using the disk. I have the final variable ripping, and I hope that resolved the issue. If not, it is what it is.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

FYI.

The final variable did not work.

Via the "Plex" settings, within Sub-titles, I was able to search for additional sub-titles and found "forced Italian to English." So, the video now plays with sub-title for Italian to English translation only.

Life is Good.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

All issues have been resolved.