"Videodrome" UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
demon

"Videodrome" UHD

Post by demon »

Another 4K disc, another "Volume key is unknown". Dump sent, in hopes that I can back it up soon.
ChromePlanet

Re: "Videodrome" UHD

Post by ChromePlanet »

I still can't decrypt this, can anyone?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Guys, when posting, please include the name of your dump file. This is so others can check these threads before they send in their dump as there's little point in emailing the same dump file again.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
demon

Post by demon »

The dump file for mine was "MKB20_v77_VIDEODROME_52E0.tgz". And no, I still can't back mine up; I haven't seen any HK updates recently.
demon

Post by demon »

New HK update dropped, but MakeMKV seems to be having some kind of mental breakdown trying to download it and fails with "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed." after multiple minutes of attempting. I've never seen this happen before.

Edit: Nevermind, it was an IPv6 networking problem. Now it's downloaded the latest HK drop and it's backing up.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

demon wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:44 pm
New HK update dropped, but MakeMKV seems to be having some kind of mental breakdown trying to download it and fails with "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed." after multiple minutes of attempting. I've never seen this happen before.
The UHD FAQ has a reference to this thread: Fixing Volume Key is Unknown

There's also this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20851
demon

Post by demon »

As I said in my edit, the issue was IPv6 connectivity (for some reason my ISP's IPv6 connectivity stopped working), after I disabled that it downloaded the HK update successfully and backed up the disc.
enginerd

Post by enginerd »

Decryption worked today.