Rise of Skywalker help

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
hoops10

Rise of Skywalker help

Post by hoops10 »

I have managed to rip my movie into a mkv and placed in on my NAS (home built running Opemnmediavault 5 and Plex Media Server.) I am getting really bad stuttering on playback though. I have done a bunch of research to try and narrow it down. I downgraded the Plex app on my Fire TV to a known version that works well with streaming 4k video.

Plex is transcoding when trying to play back the movie for some unknown reason. Is my network to slow? I am pretty sure it's a gigabit network. How can I test my network to see if it is indeed fast enough? If I totally disable video transcoding on the plex server, the movie will not even play from the Fire TV plex app. Please help. Thank you.

EDIT: Is there a way to force Plex to never transcode the video? If Plex is not the answer, what program are most using?
shawnc22

Re: Rise of Skywalker help

Post by shawnc22 »

It's probably because there's no support for lossless atmos audio on the FireTV and it's trying to transcode that. Try selecting a different audio track from the mkv during playback.
hoops10

Re: Rise of Skywalker help

Post by hoops10 »

I selected the Dolby Digital (ac3) stream when I play it back so I do not think it's the audio. Anything else it could be?