UHD of The Grinch (2000) has no key

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ZANTHERA

UHD of The Grinch (2000) has no key

Post by ZANTHERA »

I have tried ripping this disc and it is saying the volume key for it is unknown. I was quite surprised as much newer UHD discs have ripped with no problems what so ever. Does anyone know how this can be made to work? It generated a .tgz file that I see people have said to send to an email address which I have but I'm not sure if it's active anymore.
Woodstock

Re: UHD of The Grinch (2000) has no key

Post by Woodstock »

That address would be svq@makemkv.com, and it's really the only way to get the key generated.

It doesn't matter how new or old a UHD disk is, if no one has submitted the information from it.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

ZANTHERA wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:34 pm
It generated a .tgz file that I see people have said to send to an email address which I have but I'm not sure if it's active anymore.
And you are assuming based on zero factual information that the email could possibly be inactive. The only person that can truly say it's inactive and/or no longer valid and that taken as fact is the owner/developer of MakeMKV, and he has said no such thing in the past two+ years this process has been in place.

As Woodstock advised, we all still have to continue submitting the data files as instructed until the developer advises otherwise.
ZANTHERA

Post by ZANTHERA »

st4evr wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:30 pm
And you are assuming based on zero factual information that the email could possibly be inactive. The only person that can truly say it's inactive and/or no longer valid and that taken as fact is the owner/developer of MakeMKV, and he has said no such thing in the past two+ years this process has been in place.

As Woodstock advised, we all still have to continue submitting the data files as instructed until the developer advises otherwise.
Yes alright I'm new to this, no need to be rude. I was not aware that files still had to be submitted as I thought it worked differently now. I've sent the file to that email and have been waiting but I wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions.