MKB20_v77_Point_Break_92BC

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
matttowns509

MKB20_v77_Point_Break_92BC

Post by matttowns509 »

I submitted the file a couple of days ago for the 4KUHD, but didn't know if I should post this or not. And then I started reading others. So I'm going to ask a dumb and very n00b question, but why does this happen? I understand that it's a decryption thing and I also understand that sometimes when I use a VPN I'm able to decrypt it. Just would like to understand this a little better.

-matt.
SamuriHL

Re: MKB20_v77_Point_Break_92BC

Post by SamuriHL »

In order to decrypt new discs, the dumps need to be sent to the appropriate email address. At that point, the keys are decrypted and added to the HK list. Once that happens, MakeMKV will download the new HK list unless it's blocked. Your VPN work around sounds like you've run into an issue with the HK list before and that's how you get around it. As for how long or when the keys are added, it's a manual process so 1 hour to 422.7 days. Usually within 2-3 days on average.
matttowns509

Re: MKB20_v77_Point_Break_92BC

Post by matttowns509 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:12 pm
In order to decrypt new discs, the dumps need to be sent to the appropriate email address. At that point, the keys are decrypted and added to the HK list. Once that happens, MakeMKV will download the new HK list unless it's blocked. Your VPN work around sounds like you've run into an issue with the HK list before and that's how you get around it. As for how long or when the keys are added, it's a manual process so 1 hour to 422.7 days. Usually within 2-3 days on average.
Thank you SamuriHL! That helps me understand!