Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jmjordan

MKB20_v77_Love_Actually_UHD_1642 Dump

Post by jmjordan »

Submitted MKB20_v77_Love_Actually_UHD_1642.tgz
Woodstock

Re: MKB20_v77_Love_Actually_UHD_1642 Dump

Post by Woodstock »

Is this supposed to be different from the existing Love Actually submission of the same file?
jmjordan

Post by jmjordan »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:13 pm
Is this supposed to be different from the existing Love Actually submission of the same file?
Doesn't look like it. My mistake. It was my first time submitting.
newoski

Post by newoski »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:13 pm
Asking out of ignorance and with no intent to expedite... In the UHD FAQ it states that these are usually processed between 12 and 48 hours. This disc is still failing to decrypt for me. Is it possible to "verify" that a disc has been added to the list of "decrypted" discs? Or is it just a wait and see approach?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

How soon depends on a lot of factors, of which only one person (Mike) controls. Usually, he's posted the key for a new disk within the 24-48 hour period, but there have been longer times.

Not only that, we have a "new" factor over the last couple of years, the war. A number of DNS providers have elected to block DNS entries for some domains, including ones that aren't actually attack domains. Some will refuse to open any domain that contains "crabdance.com" or "fairuse.org" in their name for such reasons. Guess where MakeMKV hosts its update file?

More information on that can be found at hkdata.crabdance.com or hkdata.fairuse.org not found...
newoski

Post by newoski »

Woodstock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:39 am
How soon depends on a lot of factors, of which only one person (Mike) controls. Usually, he's posted the key for a new disk within the 24-48 hour period, but there have been longer times.

Not only that, we have a "new" factor over the last couple of years, the war. A number of DNS providers have elected to block DNS entries for some domains, including ones that aren't actually attack domains. Some will refuse to open any domain that contains "crabdance.com" or "fairuse.org" in their name for such reasons. Guess where MakeMKV hosts its update file?

More information on that can be found at hkdata.crabdance.com or hkdata.fairuse.org not found...
Thanks. So I'm still getting a decrypt error. I'm not trying to be a nudge and I'm happy to wait if disc hasn't been added yet -- but I'm also not sure my MakeMKV is checking for updates. is there something in the log that would show checking for update?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

newoski wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:19 pm
Thanks. So I'm still getting a decrypt error. I'm not trying to be a nudge and I'm happy to wait if disc hasn't been added yet -- but I'm also not sure my MakeMKV is checking for updates. is there something in the log that would show checking for update?
There's a MakeMKV preference for allowing internet access. Make sure that is checked.

In MakeMKV's log, there will be entries for if a HK download happened or failed. MakeMKV only attempts to download new HKs when you try to rip a 4K disc.