Unable to RIP 4K, missing keys?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
pingopallino

Unable to RIP 4K, missing keys?

Post by pingopallino »

Hi, first time posting here.

I have several 4K discs and a patched archgon drive (UHD ready).
On thursday I tried to rip the movie "The Birds" in 4K (italian version) and the output that I get is the following:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.3 linux(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SG:dev_21:3'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as /home/boh/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v72_The_Birds_4599.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc
So I sent on the same day the generated dump file to the mail address. Today I tried again, but I got the same message.
The only thing that worries me is that I don't get the output "Using LibreDrive mode", but maybe it is normal with the version 1.17.3.
The option "Enable Internet access" is and was enabled.
Do I have to wait for the keys to be generated or the problem lies elsewhere?

Here are the information about the drive:
Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.03
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2118-10-24 19:34
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 77

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
RemasterRichie

Re: Unable to RIP 4K, missing keys?

Post by RemasterRichie »

Sometimes it takes a few days before the dumps are available. Try it every day until it hits, but usually it works after 1-3 days.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

pingopallino wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:41 pm
Hi, first time posting here.

I have several 4K discs and a patched archgon drive (UHD ready).
On thursday I tried to rip the movie "The Birds" in 4K (italian version) and the output that I get is the following:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.3 linux(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SG:dev_21:3'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as /home/boh/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v72_The_Birds_4599.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc
So I sent on the same day the generated dump file to the mail address. Today I tried again, but I got the same message.
The only thing that worries me is that I don't get the output "Using LibreDrive mode", but maybe it is normal with the version 1.17.3.
The option "Enable Internet access" is and was enabled.
Do I have to wait for the keys to be generated or the problem lies elsewhere?

Here are the information about the drive:
Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.03
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2118-10-24 19:34
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 77

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
the error here is a pass through error or makemkv sometimes does not like 1.03 on linux dockers for some reason and 1.00 will work
try 1.00 if issue solved then your good if not then you have a pass through error
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
pingopallino

Post by pingopallino »

the error here is a pass through error or makemkv sometimes does not like 1.03 on linux dockers for some reason and 1.00 will work
try 1.00 if issue solved then your good if not then you have a pass through error
Thank you!
Yes, you are right. I tried it on Windows and MakeMKV was "Using LibreDrive mode" and was able to download the new keys.
I flashed the 1.03 firmware, since it is the recommended one in the guide. I do not know where to find the 1.00.
I would like to rip my discs using Linux, because it is my main operating system; but using Windows from time to time for 4K discs is not a problem.
Should I flash it or a new version of MakeMKV could resolve the issue?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

pingopallino wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:45 am
Thank you!
Yes, you are right. I tried it on Windows and MakeMKV was "Using LibreDrive mode" and was able to download the new keys.
I flashed the 1.03 firmware, since it is the recommended one in the guide. I do not know where to find the 1.00.
I would like to rip my discs using Linux, because it is my main operating system; but using Windows from time to time for 4K discs is not a problem.
Should I flash it or a new version of MakeMKV could resolve the issue?
1.00 is in the de firmware pack in the guide
Dont know if makemkv can fix it unless you show us it's not a passthrough issue on linux
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com