Avengers: Infinity War key unknown

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Duecey

Avengers: Infinity War key unknown

Post by Duecey »

I flashed my ASUS BW-16D1HT firmware to 3.01 so that I can read UHDs, which seemed to work fine. But when decrypting Avengers: Infinity War I keep getting an error message. It's even stuck in unmounting.
Error:
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation version, 23 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=E064BA3E3F81)
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\jakei/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading '/AACS/MKB_RO.inf' at offset '3809256'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading '/AACS/MKB_RO.inf' at offset '0'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '4194304'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '4253696'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '818020352'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '818020352'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '5242880'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '5304320'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '819068928'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '819070976'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '1114112'
Error 'OS error - The I/O device reported an I/O error' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01' at offset '1120256'
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\jakei/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v68_MARVEL'S_AVENGERS-_INFINITY_WAR_0928.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
Failed to open disc
Failed to open disc
Failed to open disc
Woodstock

Re: Avengers: Infinity War key unknown

Post by Woodstock »

Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
And you've looked at the "sticky" message at the top of General forum to find out how to fix this problem?
Duecey

Post by Duecey »

Hey I did, none of the stuff worked. I ended up re-doing the firmware flash and now it rips.

Problem is now though, the 4K Rips are laggy. It's like it's 15 FPS instead of 24.9.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Are you playing across a network? 4K video uses a LOT of bandwidth. Also, if your playback device does not have hardware support for h265 video playback, VLC's software playback isn't going to cut it if your processor isn't VERY fast.

If you read the CPU specifications for UHD playback, that list starts with the earliest Intel chips that had h265 hardware playback.
Duecey

Post by Duecey »

Hey Woodstock, appreciate your reply.

No I'm just playing it on my PC to test. My Plex server isn't even recognizing the file, even though it sees the regular blu-ray rips just fine. My specs are quite high:
i9 9900k 4.8ghz
32 GB DDR4 2800mh
m.2 2TB SSD
GTX 2080 Ti
ASUS BW-16D1HT
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Have you tested play back on any other PC software player to try and rule out a potential specific software problem with the one you are currently using? E.g JRiver, MPC-BE + madVR, etc?

Have you tried playback straight from the full folder structure backup? Same behavior? Or have you only tried playback from the MKV file container created by MakeMKV?

Do you have a standalone player that supports playback of these files that you can test? E.g. OPPO-203/205? If so, same behavior?

Some PC software players under some circumstances/environments can act weird with 4K UHD BD playback if either not setup correctly and/or have bugs that can cause this. The next logical step is to try something new/different to try and rule those things out.
Duecey

Post by Duecey »

Hey, so for the Blu-Rays yes. I tried other play-back video players, no skipping or any issues; however the 4K is still slowed down even on local play-back.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

So again, this is occurring in playback for both the MKV container of the movie(s) and full folder structure?

Is there any other PC available (with compatible/recent GPU for 4K playback) where playback of the exact same copies/files can be tested?

Also, are you using the latest MakeMKV release/version?