Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ragico

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:55 pm
ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:48 pm
Kodi 18.7 on shield pro 2019. Shield directly connected to Panasonic GZ2000 oled tv. All the DV files made by the latest yusesope tool profile 4 work perfectly in Plex. I did almost 10 mkv with the latest release and no one of them plays including your sample downloaded from mega. I choose to play the file with exoplayer and I see the player interface on the screen followed by "Playback failed" on screen message.
Here's my playercorefactory.xml that you can try. Just replace the one you have and restart Kodi.

edit: sorry forgot link. https://mega.nz/file/9fZ3gCoa#bUL3DYXfc ... TMD7rccfzk
Thank you. tried and still the same. Yusesope mentioned dlna etc. I always have used samba dor kodi. I have no idea on how to modify and use dlna in kodi.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:01 pm
yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Make sure you use the DLNA protocol and not Samba (for Samba you need an application that do the smb -> http conversion). Read the posts (and related discussion) that I reported earlier in my previous message.
I actually mounted my NAS onto my Shield through smb and that's where all my test files are located. It seems to be working okay?
Exopleyer has no samba library.
I didn't add it.
It means that Kodi performs the smb -> http conversion or mounts samba share directly on the device. Good to know.
I don't understand then what the problem is that ragico is encountering
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:11 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:48 pm
Kodi 18.7 on shield pro 2019. Shield directly connected to Panasonic GZ2000 oled tv. All the DV files made by the latest yusesope tool profile 4 work perfectly in Plex. I did almost 10 mkv with the latest release and no one of them plays including your sample downloaded from mega. I choose to play the file with exoplayer and I see the player interface on the screen followed by "Playback failed" on screen message.
Here's my playercorefactory.xml that you can try. Just replace the one you have and restart Kodi.

Thank you. tried and still the same. Yusesope mentioned dlna etc. I always have used samba dor kodi. I have no idea on how to modify and use dlna in kodi.
Do you have enough room on your Shield's internal storage to move the sample file onto there and then try playing? This way at least you can see if it's an access issue.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:18 pm
I didn't add it.
It means that Kodi performs the smb -> http conversion or mounts samba share directly on the device. Good to know.
The SHIELD itself mounts the SMB share and makes it available to all apps. They can't distinguish them from local storage. :D It's one of the things we love about the SHIELD.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:22 pm
yusesope wrote:
I didn't add it.
The SHIELD itself mounts the SMB share and makes it available to all apps. They can't distinguish them from local storage. :D It's one of the things we love about the SHIELD.
I didn't know that.
Thanks for enlightening me.
I'm glad to know that the apk works for you
ragico

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:11 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

Do you have enough room on your Shield's internal storage to move the sample file onto there and then try playing? This way at least you can see if it's an access issue.
Copied your sample on shield internal storage and finally it works in kodi dolby vision + dolby atmos. Fantastic. Where is my problem with the movies on nas? If I choose to play them with the kodivideoplayer they just play fine in hdr of course.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:31 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
yusesope wrote:
I didn't add it.
I didn't know that.
Thanks for enlightening me.
I'm glad to know that the apk works for you
It's working great! Thank you! Saves me the trouble of having to update my Andrdoid studio environment and pulling the source from GIT to build my own. :lol: I was NOT in the mood for that this weekend. So, I very much appreciate this!!!
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

SamuriHL wrote:
yusesope wrote:
I didn't add it.
I mounted my network storage to the 2019 Shield (via device preferences, storage etc).

Default player is fine to play anything. Exoplayer fails or just doesn't load.

Exoplayer plays files fine off local / USB attached storage.

What did I miss? LOL
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Genuinely not sure. :) All I did was create an xml file that looks very similar to the one shawnc22 posted (I did add the video line in the rules, although I don't know if that's strictly needed given that it's working for shawnc22 without it) and copy into the appropriate kodi folder. Booted up Kodi, pointed it at one of my NAS shares, grabbed a movie (I freaking picked 2001 as my first test....sigh if you've seen that movie you know why that it absolutely the WRONG movie to pick for testing whether video is working LMAO), and played it. Watched a few minutes of 1917 to ensure it was working, and then loaded up Top Gun from the same NAS share. Been watching it every since. Working perfectly.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:36 pm
Copied your sample on shield internal storage and finally it works in kodi dolby vision + dolby atmos. Fantastic. Where is my problem with the movies on nas? If I choose to play them with the kodivideoplayer they just play fine in hdr of course.
Are you mounting your NAS through the Kodi app or the Shield (Devices preferences->Storage)? If the former, try mounting it through the Shield instead.
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:00 am
Genuinely not sure. :) All I did was create an xml file that looks very similar to the one shawnc22 posted (I did add the video line in the rules, although I don't know if that's strictly needed given that it's working for shawnc22 without it) and copy into the appropriate kodi folder. Booted up Kodi, pointed it at one of my NAS shares, grabbed a movie (I freaking picked 2001 as my first test....sigh if you've seen that movie you know why that it absolutely the WRONG movie to pick for testing whether video is working LMAO), and played it. Watched a few minutes of 1917 to ensure it was working, and then loaded up Top Gun from the same NAS share. Been watching it every since. Working perfectly.
So weird, I can get LLDV (Dolby Vision) to trigger locally, but trying it with the share and exoplayer isn’t having it. I guess due to it not being implemented in the APK, but I was hoping it would have worked for me like it has for others.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

djbuddha wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:15 am
So weird, I can get LLDV (Dolby Vision) to trigger locally, but trying it with the share and exoplayer isn’t having it. I guess due to it not being implemented in the APK, but I was hoping it would have worked for me like it has for others.
Sorry, wish I knew more. Sucks that it's not working for you cause this is truly fun. :D sigh. This is what everyone was working towards. The effort has paid off and I can't say thank you enough to all the people who pushed it to this point. I am SO grateful for this solution and can't wait til players like Plex add official support for it. Then it'll truly be seamless...rip MKV, drop it on NAS, shows up in Plex like everything else. I'd also like for the SHIELD to get the red push problem fixed so we don't have to rely on the HD Fury to strip bt.2020. But for now, given that I'm near the end of Top Gun and it's played flawlessly, I am SUPER happy!
ragico

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:04 am
ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:36 pm
Are you mounting your NAS through the Kodi app or the Shield (Devices preferences->Storage)? If the former, try mounting it through the Shield instead.
As always you are right. I mounted the nas directly on the shield and this made the system finally working.
The only remaining (very small) problem is that when I start a movie the infamous "playback failed" message appear on the screen and I have to press the remote play button a couple of times and the movie starts to play regularly.
I really wish to thank you you, yusesope and all the friends on this site that are allowing to realize a dream.
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:38 am
djbuddha wrote:
Sorry, wish I knew more. Sucks that it's not working for you cause this is truly fun. :D sigh. This is what everyone was working towards. The effort has paid off and I can't say thank you enough to all the people who pushed it to this point. I am SO grateful for this solution and can't wait til players like Plex add official support for it. Then it'll truly be seamless...rip MKV, drop it on NAS, shows up in Plex like everything else. I'd also like for the SHIELD to get the red push problem fixed so we don't have to rely on the HD Fury to strip bt.2020. But for now, given that I'm near the end of Top Gun and it's played flawlessly, I am SUPER happy!
So here’s my question....

I have this old Mac running Plex and my storage is on that machine. I made the folders shared and connected it that way. Is running on a Mac server most likely the reason, or am I just SOL? :lol:
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

djbuddha wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:53 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:38 am
djbuddha wrote:
So here’s my question....

I have this old Mac running Plex and my storage is on that machine. I made the folders shared and connected it that way. Is running on a Mac server most likely the reason, or am I just SOL? :lol:
I don't think that's the reason. Although, to be fair, I'm running my UHD's on my shield 2015's server in the other room and not off my HTPC's plex server. I can try one off the HTPC's plex server in a minute as I'm at the end juke box scene of top gun. :D I'll let you know in a little bit.

See what happens when I respond while watching a movie. No it won't matter where the storage is if the SHIELD can see it. you mentioned plex and my mind went to plex servers. LOL But that's not in the picture right now.