Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
kazuma

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:55 pm
kazuma wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:40 pm
Thanks for your reply. I'm a little shaming to ask this, but how i'm muxing profile 8 and 5?
I never did this. I think i need a little help. I've downloaded the latest tsmuxer nighty of your link.
Well, what is your input? profile 7 mkv rip from makemkv?
if yes, then all you have to do is to remux it with tsmuxer. Select the video, AC3, EAC3 or DTS/DTSHD, uncheck the subtitles and mux. As I said , some files will give you a black screen or stutter but most should work.
If you want subtitles, then extract the SRT subs with mkvextrack and rename them as I said previously.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/Inviska-MKV-Extract

now for the files that won't play or stutter, you can use the script in my signature. It's very easy, just extract the script on your pc, and click on the bat file. select 4-2-3 and drag and drop your P7 mkv.
this will get you a profile 8 + EAC3 file that will ALWAYS work on your TV.

I'm gonna try tonight. But there is no tsmuxer.exe with the latest version. How do you start tsmuxer gui? how do i make profile 7 rip with makemkv?

update: the dovi_script cannot find a dolby vision layer in the mkv. but it is there. what i'm doing wrong?
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Any updates on the CMv2.9 bug on the newer LG TVs?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:56 am
update: the dovi_script cannot find a dolby vision layer in the mkv. but it is there. what i'm doing wrong?
which mode/workflow did you use? post the mediainfo of your input please
sofakng wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:01 pm
I will compare more movies this weekend, but I'm 99% sure that using the internal player renders better quality (regarless of FEL and lossless audio).
Not only L1 works properly but the colors have a lot more pop.(https://youtu.be/dupNfI8vkPk)
I'll upload the comparisons on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEYM1g ... gPuyd4JL_g
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:15 pm
I will compare more movies this weekend, but I'm 99% sure that using the internal player renders better quality (regarless of FEL and lossless audio).
Thanks for the information. I should have mentioned I was asking about FEL playback which the LG C1 cannot play. :(

I've placed an order (but cancelled) an order for the Oppo-203 clone and also returned the Sony x800m2 because of that bug and I was wondering if any playback method existed w/o any bugs (for the LG C1).
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:15 pm
kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:56 am
which mode/workflow did you use? post the mediainfo of your input please
sofakng wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:01 pm
Not only L1 works properly but the colors have a lot more pop.(https://youtu.be/dupNfI8vkPk)
I'll upload the comparisons on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEYM1g ... gPuyd4JL_g
i have downloaded a mkv remux of game of thrones episode. if i drag this file to your dovi script, it says no DV found. so i've mux the file with tsmuxer (not the tsmuxer of your link because there is no .exe?) to .ts with the baselayer, dvlayer and truehd. then i've dragged this to your doviscript program, but there is no dv file found.

i'm doing wrong, but what? can you please explain me in steps?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:26 pm
i have downloaded a mkv remux of game of thrones episode. if i drag this file to your dovi script, it says no DV found. so i've mux the file with tsmuxer (not the tsmuxer of your link because there is no .exe?) to .ts with the baselayer, dvlayer and truehd. then i've dragged this to your doviscript program, but there is no dv file found.

i'm doing wrong, but what? can you please explain in me in steps?
Sounds like your file is dual-track DV (hdr layer + 1080p dv layer) which is not supported in MKV. I see that rarbg did that instead of Single track P7.

So what you have to do is:

1- Remux the mkv to bluray folder output with tsmuxer ( select only video 1 + 2, AC3).... uncheck TrueHD!
2- Then in my script use: 4-1-3 Go in the new bluray folder, drag and drop the MPLS file ( playlist folder) two times (first-time scan all the playlists, 2nd-time process the movie).
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

sofakng wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:24 pm
I was wondering if any playback method existed w/o any bugs (for the LG C1).
Nop, it doesnt exist :(
I would say the Shield is the closest of doing it right but because of the red push, it ruins everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeyQWs8JgXo
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:38 pm
kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:26 pm

i'm doing wrong, but what? can you please explain in me in steps?
Sounds like your file is dual-track DV (hdr layer + 1080p dv layer) which is not supported in MKV. I see that rarbg did that instead of Single track P7.

So what you have to do is:

1- Remux the mkv to bluray folder output with tsmuxer ( select only video 1 + 2, AC3).... uncheck TrueHD!
2- Then in my script use: 4-1-3 Go in the new bluray folder, drag and drop the MPLS file ( playlist folder) two times (first-time scan all the playlists, 2nd-time process the movie).
i did the steps but it not worked. again 'Input file doesnt contain a Dolby Vision track'. and yes the file is from rarbg.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:01 pm
i did the steps but it not worked. again 'Input file doesnt contain a Dolby Vision track'.
Well, I don't know what you're doing wrong because it's working (see the gif).
Do it manually with yusesope's tool otherwise:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=2970#p96282

kazuma

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:18 pm
kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:01 pm
i did the steps but it not worked. again 'Input file doesnt contain a Dolby Vision track'.
Well, I don't know what you're doing wrong because it's working (see the gif).
Do it manually with yusesope's tool otherwise:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=2970#p96282

i do exactly the same thing. i get the message 'no files can be found', FINDSTR: Cannot open D:\TEMP_folder\rpu-text.json
converting and injecting RPU...Input file doesnt contain a Dolby Vision track'
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

did you uncheck TrueHD before muxing the bluray folder ?

dgdemux(my script use it to demux) wont work with BDMV that contain a truehd (without core)
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:26 pm
did you uncheck TrueHD before muxing the bluray folder ?

dgdemux(my script use it to demux) wont work with BDMV that contain a truehd (without core)
yes , i selected ac3 audio. strange...
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:27 pm
which episode-season. I'll try
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:32 pm
kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:27 pm
which episode-season. I'll try
s04e06. but i think the problem is different. very thanks for your input for this noob. my tsmuxer is from this website https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR. but you gave me a another link. i think the problem is there. but i can't start you're tsmuxer because there is no tsmuxer.exe gui in it.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:50 pm
s04e06. but i think the problem is different. very thanks for your input for this noob. my tsmuxer is from this website https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR. but you gave me a another link. i think the problem is there. but i can't start you're tsmuxer because there is no tsmuxer.exe gui in it.
yep, that's the problem.
get the latest from GitHub or you can use the one included in my script tool pack (tools folder / tsmuxer GUI).