Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
quietvoid

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by quietvoid »

This is what Dolby says in their documentation:
The Bitstream Verifier parses the RPU of the bitstream under test and verifies whether level 5 metadata is present for each frame.
Level 5 metadata must be present (even if it is zero) to avoid possible visual issues.
If level 5 metadata is not detected in the bitstream RPU, an error is issued.
So keeping L5 with zeroes is always better.
Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

@quietvoid @RESET_9999 Thanks for the quick responses.
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.
Albano

Post by Albano »

@RESET_9999
Please tell me the way to run this batch file.
I've tried many times edit and run but impossible only flash and off.
Storage place my video file and madMeasureHDR now: C:\Remux
C:\Dolby-Vision-Tools\madVR\madMeasureHDR
Where I want to save measurement file: F:\
madMeasureHDR Batch File
Values to Change:

echo off
set pathToMadMeasure="C:\Program Files\madVR\madMeasureHDR.exe"

Windows file path to madMeasureHDR in the madVR installation folder.

Set folder paths for measuring specific file formats:

REM Mkv Test Videos
set pathToVideos="L:\4K Test Files\HDR"

File path to the media folder containing MKV files: "Z:\Media Folder Name\Subdirectory Name"

REM Mp4 Test Videos

File path to the media folder containing MP4 files: "Z:\Media Folder Name\Subdirectory Name"

REM Ts Test Videos

File path to the media folder containing TS files: "Z:\Media Folder Name\Subdirectory Name"

Set folder path for measuring a priority folder for test purposes:

REM 4K Movies in @MadMeasureHDR folder for priority measurements to be done before the main folder
set pathToVideos="U:\@MadMeasureHDR"

File path to the media folder containing priority files: "Z:\Media Folder Name\Subdirectory Name"

Set folder path for measuring all file types in a single folder:

REM 4K Movies
set pathToVideos="P:\"

File path to the media folder containing all HDR files: "Z:\Media Folder Name\Subdirectory Name"

DELETE the following code from any folder path in the batch file if you choose not to download the assisting program Wintee (the utility mentioned in the batch file):

Remove from Block: | wtee "%%f.txt"

How to Run the Batch File:
Windows Key + R (Run)
Click Browse...
Navigate to the folder that contains the batch file
Select the batch file
Click Open
Click OK
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Albano wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:37 pm
@RESET_9999
Please tell me the way to run this batch file.
I've tried many times edit and run but impossible only flash and off.
Storage place my video file and madMeasureHDR now: C:\Remux
C:\Dolby-Vision-Tools\madVR\madMeasureHDR
Where I want to save measurement file: F:\
This worked for me...

Code: Select all

@echo off
REM ReadMe Notes:
REM *************
REM This batch file measures automatically all video files in various drives and shares. Your network shares simply have to be mapped as drives in windows.
REM You need to edit the path to MadMeasureHDR, and of course the paths to the shares or files extentions you want to measure.
REM In this example, the first three blocks measure all my .mkv, .mp4 and .ts in the folder that contains all my 4K HDR test files.
REM The next block measures all the files I've put in a special MadMeasureHDR folder in my 4K Movies share, so that they are measured before all the others
REM The last block measures all the files in my 4K Movies share
REM To get the output of MadMeasureHDR both to the screen and to a log file (same_name.txt), I use a free utility called Wintee (wtee.exe)
REM You can download it here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/wintee/
REM Then simply copy it into your c:\Windows directory so that the batch file can find it when it calls it
REM The main advantage is that you can get both near realtime progress while the measurements are made, and a log file containing the output of the MadMeasureHDR utility
REM The main downside is that the progress isn't updated as often as without using Wintee. 
REM If you want to get rid of the log file, simply delete the end of the command line: | wtee "%%f.txt" in each block
REM By default, this batch file only shows the log of the files it measures.
REM If you get an error and don't know which file it relates to, or if you would like to display all the scanned files, simply set verbose to "ON" below.
REM Happy measurements!
REM Manni

set pathToMadMeasure="C:\Dolby-Vision-Tools\madVR\madMeasureHDR.exe"
REM Set verbose to ON to display files checked when measurements already exists. Leave it to OFF to only display files that are measured.
set verbose="ON"

REM Mkv Test Videos\
set pathToVideos=C:\Remux\
cd /d %pathToVideos%
@echo Parsing folder %pathToVideos% for new MKV files to measure...
 for /R %%f in (*.mkv) do (
	if %verbose% == "ON" @echo Checking measurements for %%f...
	if NOT exist %%f.measurements %pathToMadMeasure% "%%f"
 )
@echo Done!"
@echo -----

@echo All Folder Measurements done!
PAUSE
Albano

Post by Albano »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:59 pm

This worked for me...

@echo off
REM ReadMe Notes:
REM *************
REM This batch file measures automatically all video files in various drives and shares. Your network shares simply have to be mapped as drives in windows.
REM You need to edit the path to MadMeasureHDR, and of course the paths to the shares or files extentions you want to measure.
REM In this example, the first three blocks measure all my .mkv, .mp4 and .ts in the folder that contains all my 4K HDR test files.
REM The next block measures all the files I've put in a special MadMeasureHDR folder in my 4K Movies share, so that they are measured before all the others
REM The last block measures all the files in my 4K Movies share
REM To get the output of MadMeasureHDR both to the screen and to a log file (same_name.txt), I use a free utility called Wintee (wtee.exe)
REM You can download it here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/wintee/
REM Then simply copy it into your c:\Windows directory so that the batch file can find it when it calls it
REM The main advantage is that you can get both near realtime progress while the measurements are made, and a log file containing the output of the MadMeasureHDR utility
REM The main downside is that the progress isn't updated as often as without using Wintee. 
REM If you want to get rid of the log file, simply delete the end of the command line: | wtee "%%f.txt" in each block
REM By default, this batch file only shows the log of the files it measures.
REM If you get an error and don't know which file it relates to, or if you would like to display all the scanned files, simply set verbose to "ON" below.
REM Happy measurements!
REM Manni

set pathToMadMeasure="C:\Dolby-Vision-Tools\madVR\madMeasureHDR.exe"
REM Set verbose to ON to display files checked when measurements already exists. Leave it to OFF to only display files that are measured.
set verbose="ON"

REM Mkv Test Videos\
set pathToVideos=C:\Remux\
cd /d %pathToVideos%
@echo Parsing folder %pathToVideos% for new MKV files to measure...
 for /R %%f in (*.mkv) do (
	if %verbose% == "ON" @echo Checking measurements for %%f...
	if NOT exist %%f.measurements %pathToMadMeasure% "%%f"
 )
@echo Done!"
@echo -----

@echo All Folder Measurements done!
PAUSE
Thanks for your helping
I've done.
Albano

Post by Albano »

@RESET_9999
This is the tool advertised as possible to create measurement files for ISOs or BDMV folders is to first play the file from start to finish.
But I can't run it.
Please help me.
Thanks.
3ll3d00d's Third-Party Tool for Measuring ISOs and BDMV Folders
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Albano wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:40 pm
Thanks for your helping
I've done.
I didn't mean: ''follow the instructions here'', I already did that, according to your information.
I meant: copy and paste the code I posted into your bat file and try, it should work. It works on my end.

Albano wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:54 pm
@RESET_9999
This is the tool advertised as possible to create measurement files for ISOs or BDMV folders is to first play the file from start to finish.
But I can't run it.
Please help me.
Thanks.
3ll3d00d's Third-Party Tool for Measuring ISOs and BDMV Folders
I don't know but there are a couple of examples on the github page...

I did not test these but from what I can read :
bd folder :

madmeasurer.exe -d0 -vv -m --measure-all-playlists --dry-run C:\BD.folders
iso:

madmeasurer.exe -vv -m -d1 --dry-run -i C:\bd.iso
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:32 pm
Just bought an X800m2 ...

- High bitrate movie via 5GHZ wifi works flawlessly (tested Dead Heat 92mbps avg bitrate and peak over 100mbps all the time)
- This player is not affected by the tsmuxer dual-track dual-layer bug, no green/purple screen issue.. WOW!!!
- This player auto-switch from DV, HDR10, and SDR with TS/M2TS files WOW!!! (only via the network)
- FF / RW works for long movies. great!!
- cropped DV content displayed with grey letterbox
- DD+ with an empty core doesn't play but strangely DD+ Atmos works perfectly.

hopefully, it's as stable as the x700 for DV playback, I will watch some movies this weekend.

Dead Heat bitrate:
-how do you play high bitrate movies over wifi? Would like to stream the files directly from my pc instead of copying over to external hard drive every time.
-auto-switch between dv, hdr10, sdr doesn't work via usb?
sickb

Post by sickb »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:32 pm
Just bought an X800m2 ...
- Single Track, Dual Layer FEL working?
- Fast Forwarding with just TS file?

I guess Single Track Dual Layer FEL is not working from MKV right?

RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

sickb wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:06 am
1- Single Track, Dual Layer FEL working?
2- Fast Forwarding with just TS file?

3-I guess Single Track Dual Layer FEL is not working from MKV right?

1- yes but just like the x700 and oppo. Some random ST-DL wont play while all the DT-DL files will play.
2- I don't know, I only watch DV TS files. The x700 has a bug when movies are very long, you cant FF/RW. The x800m2 doesn't have this bug( at least with the 4h30 movie I tested).
3- right, existing bluray players will never support DV in an MKV container.
deadchip12 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:55 am
1- how do you play high bitrate movies over wifi? Would like to stream the files directly from my pc instead of copying over to external hard drive every time.
2- auto-switch between dv, hdr10, sdr doesn't work via usb?
1- the x800m2 has a 5GHZ wifi chip so it's actually faster than the 100mbps ethernet port. I just watched Dead Heat 92mbps avg bitrate(streamed from my PC) and it didn't buffer one time. My router is in the same room as my player though: the 5ghz range is not as good as 2ghz.
2- nop it doesn't work via USB: only works via the network. Maybe the behavior is the same for the X700, I never used the network, thanks to the slow ethernet/wifi speed.

I can't recommend the x700 anymore when the x800m2 is a LOT superior. Actually better than the oppo too(I hate BD folders/iso storage) because there's no dual track dual-layer TS bug .
keep in mind that I watched hundreds of DV movies with my x700 without a single playback issue (except the known bugs) and watched only one movie with the x800m2 so maybe some other issue will come up.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:38 am
1- the x800m2 has a 5GHZ wifi chip so it's actually faster than the 100mbps ethernet port. I just watched Dead Heat 92mbps avg bitrate(streamed from my PC) and it didn't buffer one time. My router is in the same room as my player though: the 5ghz range is not as good as 2ghz.
2- nop it doesn't work via USB: only works via the network. Maybe the behavior is the same for the X700, I never used the network, thanks to the slow ethernet/wifi speed.

I can't recommend the x700 anymore when the x800m2 is a LOT superior. Actually better than the oppo too(I hate BD folders/iso storage) because there's no dual track dual-layer TS bug .
keep in mind that I watched hundreds of DV movies with my x700 without a single playback issue (except the known bugs) and watched only one movie with the x800m2 so maybe some other issue will come up.
How do you stream from your pc to the bluray player?

Too bad the x800 is not even sold in my country. Actually the x700 is the only 4k bluray player from a reputable brand sold in my country. The bluray player market is so dead here. Can't find any uhd physical disc either. I have to download 4k hdr films (either the full bmdv folder or remuxed mkv) from shady sites otherwise I won't be able to watch those films at all.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:12 am
How do you stream from your pc to the bluray player?
my windows videos and music library (DLNA) just show up on my x800m2.
I use classic windows media player to create a playlist of recent movies I have to watch otherwise it can be a pain to find 1 movie out of 1000+
You can also make a windows SERVIIO server which is also detected by the player
https://serviio.org/
FubbAyH

Post by FubbAyH »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:38 am
Thank you very much for all the info and please do keep us up-to-date with any other issues or good experiences as you watch more. I'm very tempted now to get one and the only thing really holding me back is the thought of transcoding my MKVs back to M2TS!
sickb

Post by sickb »

Muxing, I hope.
FubbAyH

Post by FubbAyH »

sickb wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:53 am
Muxing, I hope.
Oh yes, quite right :)

Can I ask (I promised I searched the thread first, but couldn't find an answer) does the X800M2 handle profile 8.1 DV well? I was looking through my collection to see if I could stomach remuxing the DV titles and noticed that I have more profile 8.1 hybrids than profile 7 rips at this point (thanks Disney!)