Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by SamuriHL »

Yeah make sure the refresh rate matches the source video. If you're playing 23.976 content at 59 or 60 it'll cause issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Totos40

Post by Totos40 »

Hello. sorry for my english, i'm french, i use google translation.

I have been trying for 1 week to put fast and Furious 8 in dolby vision on my tv lg oled65e9 but either I have a black screen and the sound, or the dolby vision logo which is displayed but the image stutters, or the dolby vision logo is displayed but the image displayed has 2 filters.

I used the tools provided in the previous pages.

I used the same technique on the joker film, and it works perfectly.

how to explain that the film fast and furious 8 does not work but that the wild movie yes.

I use iso
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

Totos40 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:38 pm
Hello. sorry for my english, i'm french, i use google translation.

I have been trying for 1 week to put fast and Furious 8 in dolby vision on my tv lg oled65e9 but either I have a black screen and the sound, or the dolby vision logo which is displayed but the image stutters, or the dolby vision logo is displayed but the image displayed has 2 filters.

I used the tools provided in the previous pages.

I used the same technique on the joker film, and it works perfectly.

how to explain that the film fast and furious 8 does not work but that the wild movie yes.

I use iso
i'm not sure where your issue is atm,for that reason i shall follow my personal procedure of doing this and see what goes on. i'll keep you posted
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
Deadly-Knight

Post by Deadly-Knight »

Hello guys,
I've been reading you out extensively in this thread but have yet to find clear steps for dummies and maybe my post will help those like me that are seeking for answers. I bought the new Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro to replace my former one that wasn't supporting the HDR/Dolby Vision. I've spent countless hours learning the 'Do's and Don'ts'. I learned the hard way that MKV files weren't able to do DV but then learned that they do since I have two LG demo files that proved me otherwise. That Kodi wasn't able to play it either. That the Amazon Prime app on the Shield (not the one on the TV) had issues with DV recently as in it wouldn't play Carnival Row or Jack Ryan at all, and that the team was working on a fix. That Plex was the way to go, but couldn't play Blu-ray containers/image/iso/BDMV/etc. That even while selecting the right .m2ts, I only get HDR out of the movie. In the end, on the Shield, the only DV I was able to get was from two LG demo files (MKV format).

TL;DR...I've summarized the next step in my quest for Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos as in the following: FFmpeg or MakeMKV---->yusesope's tool---->tsMuxeR (nightly)

Question #1- Clear steps that anyone can follow? I found this post but I'm sure the steps changed since then?
by daddy
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 am

Question #2- yusesope's tool, I guess yusesope is a user? A search confirmed this. I have yet to find the tool. I've looked but maybe I'm lacking too much sleep and this confinement is not helping the cause. *Took one last look through the 414 matches* Found this: https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 310#p25425
Is that it?

Question #3- Why are people picking AC3 over True HD or Atmos?

Question #4- Please?

Thank you guys...going to bed. It's been a long unfruitful night/morning.

Cheers!

D-K
Totos40

Post by Totos40 »

OK thanks a lot
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

TL;DR...I've summarized the next step in my quest for Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos as in the following: FFmpeg or MakeMKV---->yusesope's tool---->tsMuxeR (nightly)

Question #1- Clear steps that anyone can follow? I found this post but I'm sure the steps changed since then?
by daddy
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 am

Question #2- yusesope's tool, I guess yusesope is a user? A search confirmed this. I have yet to find the tool. I've looked but maybe I'm lacking too much sleep and this confinement is not helping the cause. *Took one last look through the 414 matches* Found this: https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 310#p25425
Is that it?

Question #3- Why are people picking AC3 over True HD or Atmos?

D-K
[/quote]

alright lets do this
Question 1
#1 first step is to obtain a ISO and unzip/demux it so you got the raw files
#2 open up a cmd in ffmpeg folder and use the command:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i file:"/path/to/my/bluray" -map 0:0 -c copy ./BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy ./EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a copy -strict -2 ./atmos.mp4
as a example:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i bluray:D:\Test\iso\John\ -map 0:0 -c copy D:\Test\2.exit\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy D:\Test\2.exit\EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a copy -strict -2 D:\Test\2.exit\atmos.mp4
this will create 3 files: BL.hevc,EL.hevc and atmos.mp4
#3 we then use the tool made by Yusescope. its very easy with the batch file.
this will merge the BL and EL file together.
#4 while we are at it we can go into eac3
- Click Input File and select atmos.mp4
- Under Track Input and Output format change "ac3" to "thd+ac3" then click Add
- In the bottom click RUN CL and wait
-When finished you will have a "atmos.mp4_.thd+ac3" file, rename this to "atmos.ac3"
-(you can delete the old atmos.mp4)
#5 the last step is to open TSmuxer and mix the hevc file and atmos.ac3 file into a .TS file
that will give you a playable single layer dolby vision movie

Question #2 yuescope tool is indeed made by a user
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 413#p85413 here it is. he updates his original post.

Question #3 Theirs a few issues with true-hd and atmos working in the current conversion method. that's why we use the underlying ac3 core audio file that comes with atmos.
when we try playing with atmos plex either spits out a error or plays it in hdr instead of dolby vision.
plex pass user
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

For those that have been unable to get DV+Atmos working in a TS container on the 2019 Shield Pro (only 2019, there is no DV support on previous versions), download the demo mentioned in this post

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&p=85793#p85786

If it works, then you're doing something wrong in the remux process. If it doesn't work, then it's something wrong with your plex set up

Edit: previous sample no longer available. try this instead: https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4
Last edited by shawnc22 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm
For those that have been unable to get DV+Atmos working in a TS container on the 2019 Shield Pro (only 2019, there is no DV support on previous versions), download the demo mentioned in this post

If it works, then you're doing something wrong in the remux process. If it doesn't work, then it's something wrong with your plex set up
Euhm both the files are gone in Gdrive older post i guess...xD
plex pass user
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:11 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

Sorry, please try this instead:

https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

I tried to check as well is the issue was with John Wick 3 itself, but, from my side it plays nicely.

Here the MediaInfo
JW3.txt
MediaInfo
(3.77 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
About the procedure, once again.

ffmpeg: ffmpeg -i D:\yourfilename.m2ts -map 0:0 -c copy D:\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy D:\EL.hevc
python: python D:\bl_el_rpu_builder.py -bl D:\BL.hevc -el D:\EL.hevc -of D:\Full.hevc
tsMuxer (nightly): add Full.hevc + yourfilename.m2ts, keeping the audio tracks you want and get the .ts file.

Try to see if the file plays on your computer first, than go on Plex (no pgs on). If you still get an error probably you have a problem with your media streamer/Plex app settings.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

tried the test file,same error (via nvidia shield tv pro) only the underlaying file works :/
plex pass user
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:37 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:

tried the test file,same error (via nvidia shield tv pro) only the underlaying file works :/
Looks like the issue is with your setup. Lot of variables at play here but a few things you can try:

-Make sure atmos is enabled in the Shield audio formats settings. Default is to let your audio receiver decide which formats are supported. If you're positive that your audio system is capable of decoding an atmos signal, turn it on manually.
-Go in the play store and manually double check the plex app is update to date
-Check plex settings to make sure audio passthrough is enabled. Only HDMI passthrough will work with atmos.
Arbigator

Post by Arbigator »

badrobot wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:38 am
use this version of tsmuxer, then the output will be dhve05.06 instead of dhve 08.06

https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 1-36#files
Thank you!
shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:59 am
try turning off the new player and make sure frame rate match is on in the plex player settings
Thanks! It seems the biggest issue was the new player, only watched about 10 minutes of a movie, but it seemed to work fine.
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

badrobot wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:38 am
use this version of tsmuxer, then the output will be dhve05.06 instead of dhve 08.06

https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 1-36#files
Did you link to the correct version? I ask because I used the version you linked to and it created a file with:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06
I aborted the process because when I used w64-nightly2020-04-07--02-11-14 it created a file with the same output and that file plays as HDR10 on my TV. I'm trying to work out how to create a file with profile 5 because The Mandalorian plays perfectly on my TV:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

shawnc22 wrote:

Edit: previous sample no longer available. try this instead: https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4
I'm using the internal player on my TV and the file you linked to works but my TV gave an unsupported audio format message.I used tsMuxeR to "Downconvert TRUE-HD to AC3" and the clip plays in Dolby Vision with sound. I then created an MKV of Doctor Sleep using MakeMKV, extracted the thd+ac3 using eac3to and muxed it using tsMuxeR ("tsMuxer (04.06 fix))"). The result is a file that has sound and a black screen, the strange thing is the clip you posted and the file I created have matching HDR info:
HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible

HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible

I tried a couple of other films and they also don't work, although one did show the Dolby Vision logo but the screen remained black.