Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:48 am
Sure that'd probably work, but it really hasn't bothered me that much to the point of needing to do it.
Fair enough, I haven't seen it for myself.
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

ATD555 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:00 pm
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:06 pm
guys, sorry for the question, but where can I download the Yusesope tool? I searched no for an hour and didn't find a link
HERE you go
Thank you so much, are there any guides on how to use that? :)
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

ATD555 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:00 pm
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:06 pm
guys, sorry for the question, but where can I download the Yusesope tool? I searched no for an hour and didn't find a link
HERE you go
Isn't that the 2nd version? I thought we currently were to the 0.0.3 one.
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:15 am
Angryunibrow wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:53 am
Saving Private Ryan:

Profile 5 (This one was made using DVDFab, this was before the current tools were available)
This is an .mp4 with DTS-HD MA 7.1 muxed in.
I would assume the same results using the current tools based off of the below.

2019 Shield - Plex App, flickering occurs like you are describing. (old player with match frame rate on, verified using service menu on TV)
LG C8 - Native Plex App, flickering occurs like you are describing.
ATV4K - Infuse App, NO flickering, plays back perfectly from what I can see. (Match content & Frame Rate on, verified using service menu on TV)

The ATV4K Profile 5 is still my go to right now, I have had zero issues with this setup so far making movies profile 5 and playing them with infuse.
Color seems accurate, match frame rate always works. My system does a good job at upmixing the Multi Channel PCM 7.1 it outputs so I get the "Atmos Effect"

If someone can convince me there is a noticeable difference playing these files with profile 5 (no EL) vs a profile 6 (with EL) I would love to see some comparisons.

Right now I'm making Profile 5 with Atmos (.ts files) and playing them with Infuse and have seen all the "issues" everyone is finding not there.
Saving Private Ryan, Doctor Sleep, Joker Ect....

Maybe someday Nvidia will get this updated and working :lol:
Yep I just tried mp4muxer and tsmuxer with profile 5 and -mode 2 of yusecope's tool and pretty much same results. But there was one version that played in DV without issue on the shield, the streaming version off of VUDU :lol: . Honestly though, this is the only film that's had issues to this extent on the shield. I can live with the slightly saturated colors on some of the other reported movies; it's the audio that's more important to me. If the new AppleTV coming out this year comes with better lossless audio support, I'll definitely be jumping ships.
So, I also noticed the same effect on Saving Private Ryan with profile 6, did anybody tried with profile 4? In any case I suppose that result won't change.

EDIT: I tried by myself with profile 4 but I get the same issue...
ragico

Post by ragico »

@shawnc22

Saving private Ryan

I tried also yusesope tool and .ts profile 6 using the latest nightly tsmuxer.
On the shield still the flicking problem as you said. The file does not play in Lg C8 via Plex/Emby. Just black screen.
It plays flawlessly in Sony X700 via dlna from plex server including pgs subtitles and Dolby Atmos.
That was the best performance, indistinguishable from the original UHD disc played trough the same Sony X700.

Then i used the same profile 6 for muxing the mkv made by the latest version. To my surprise the resulting ts gave black screen on shield and did not play in Sony X700: What is going on?????
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

ragico wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:58 pm
@shawnc22

Saving private Ryan

On the shield still the flicking problem as you said. The file does not play in Lg C8 via Plex/Emby. Just black screen.
It plays flawlessly in Sony X700 via dlna from plex server including pgs subtitles and Dolby Atmos.
That was the best performance, indistinguishable from the original UHD disc played trough the same Sony X700.

Then i used the same profile 6 for muxing the mkv made by the latest version. To my surprise the resulting ts gave black screen on shield and did not play in Sony X700: What is going on?????
So, it seem like purely a Shield issue...
I also tried the last version of MakeMKV and I get the same trouble, I thinks we need to wait for further releases.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ragico wrote:
I’m guessing if you go into plex and look at the resulting ts, it will show no video track, but mediainfo will show that everything is fine. I had originally thought that this problem was isolated to hdr10+ films but it definitely seems more widespread than that. It’s an issue with the combination of latest tsmuxer build (ac9b47c was the one I’m on) and the video track that makemkv is now creating. This build works fine with the track that yusecope’s tool generates. There’s just something it doesn’t like about the mkv’s track, but if you go back a few weeks to an earlier build (not sure which exact one yet, but 3-27 or 3-28 nightly should work), the mkv’s video track will work fine in creating a playable DV TS just like yusecope’s tool. It also has nothing to do with profiles as changing the latest build to produce profile 4 files results in the same issue.

Maybe this is just my computer, but something else I’ve noticed with the recent builds of tsmuxer is that regardless of which video track was used and whether or not it plays with video on plex, if you right click on the TS file in Windows, go down to Properties and look under the Details tab, the width, height, and frame rate information is all missing. TS files generated with earlier builds of tsmuxer did have all these information filled in. Not sure if it’s related to the other problem at all, but just thought it was interesting.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm
ragico wrote:
@shawnc22

Saving private Ryan

So, it seem like purely a Shield issue...
I also tried the last version of MakeMKV and I get the same trouble, I thinks we need to wait for further releases.
I think it's a Plex issue. Recently Plex updated the app on Fire TV, all DV videos are black screen now ( except a few ), but audio works
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

mulucy wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:58 pm
I think it's a Plex issue. Recently Plex updated the app on Fire TV, all DV videos are black screen now ( except a few ), but audio works
I tried with Shield default player and despite it triggers DV I get the same effect, that's why it seems to me more a Shield issue.
ragico

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:57 pm
ragico wrote:
I’m guessing if you go into plex and look at the resulting ts, it will show no video track, but mediainfo will show that everything is fine. I had originally thought that this problem was isolated to hdr10+ films but it definitely seems more widespread than that. It’s an issue with the combination of latest tsmuxer build (ac9b47c was the one I’m on) and the video track that makemkv is now creating. This build works fine with the track that yusecope’s tool generates. There’s just something it doesn’t like about the mkv’s track, but if you go back a few weeks to an earlier build (not sure which exact one yet, but 3-27 or 3-28 nightly should work), the mkv’s video track will work fine in creating a playable DV TS just like yusecope’s tool. It also has nothing to do with profiles as changing the latest build to produce profile 4 files results in the same issue.

Maybe this is just my computer, but something else I’ve noticed with the recent builds of tsmuxer is that regardless of which video track was used and whether or not it plays with video on plex, if you right click on the TS file in Windows, go down to Properties and look under the Details tab, the width, height, and frame rate information is all missing. TS files generated with earlier builds of tsmuxer did have all these information filled in. Not sure if it’s related to the other problem at all, but just thought it was interesting.
Can you change from profile 4 to profile 6 the tsmuxer version that you use and post it here? I would like to do some experiments but the profile must be 6
Thanks
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ragico wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:30 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
ragico wrote:

Can you change from profile 4 to profile 6 the tsmuxer version that you use and post it here? I would like to do some experiments but the profile must be 6
Thanks
Sure, the latest nightly version will give you profile 6 when using BL+EL+RPU single track files.

https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 2-02#files
ragico

Post by ragico »

ragico wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:30 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Thanks
Sure, the latest nightly version will give you profile 6 when using BL+EL+RPU single track files.

Thanks.I know that version. I was asking if you can modify the version that you use from profile 4 to profile 6, and post it here
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

@grencola, which profile uses your tool? or is this question irrelevant?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

kazuma wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 pm
My tool is obsolete. it made a profile 7 dv mp4 with lossy ac3 audio from a .m2ts file to play on x700 etc. but now you can just throw that m2ts straight into tsmuxer and make a dv .ts file with lossless audio + atmos.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Grencola wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:16 pm
kazuma wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 pm
My tool is obsolete. it made a profile 7 dv mp4 with lossy ac3 audio from a .m2ts file to play on x700 etc. but now you can just throw that m2ts straight into tsmuxer and make a dv .ts file with lossless audio + atmos.
Just to clarify it, the steps include yusecope's tool to create a DV track, correct?