Forced subtitles - Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
MartyMcNuts

Re: Forced subtitles - Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings

Post by MartyMcNuts »

GenesisT wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:18 am
I experienced the same issue but found a simple answer that does not seem to be posted anywhere. For this Blu-Ray, there are no forced subtitles for the foreign language section of the movie. However, there are three listed English subtitle entries for the main feature file. The bottom of the three has subtitles for ONLY the foreign language section of the movie - but it is NOT forced so you need to choose the entire track. Then I use Handbrake to make it into an M4V and just choose to burn in the entire subtitle track. That creates a file that is 100% correct with subtitles only where you want them! So - that is my first post here and I hope it helps simplify this for others.
Um...Hello..... viewtopic.php?p=115082#p115082
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
thedukeo8

Re: Forced subtitles - Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings

Post by thedukeo8 »

cslcm wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:53 pm
Woodstock wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 pm
DolbyVision has come along to make subtitles seem simple.
Actually.. for me, DoVi is easy peasy. These forced subtitles are significantly more of a problem.

I've been able to automate absolutely everything (Cropping black bars, DoVi / HDR10+ extraction / injection after encode, HDR10 master display metadata, etc).. but I can't automate this, and it's bugging me.
I'd be curious to know what your process is. Mine seems basic, and could be why I run into the occasional problem.