Sisu

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Bagdad48

Re: Sisu

Post by Bagdad48 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:31 am
I already decrypted it and created the MKV. I will continue to check my protected ISO until MakeMKV supports it. But yes, it can take anywhere from a couple hours sometimes to multiple weeks others. It all depends on how busy Mike is. Patience is definitely required if you don't have multiple means of decrypting discs.
Awesome. Hopefully they key flows through soon. Still not able to get it to decrypt right now. Glad to see someone was able to make it work which means it should be coming soon.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The key is around but I don't think makemkv supports keydb anymore. At least I couldn't get it to work. So we have to wait for Mike to add it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

zalszibar wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:31 am
I already decrypted it and created the MKV. I will continue to check my protected ISO until MakeMKV supports it. But yes, it can take anywhere from a couple hours sometimes to multiple weeks others. It all depends on how busy Mike is. Patience is definitely required if you don't have multiple means of decrypting discs.
secrets secrets are no fun unless you share with everyone :)

How'd ya do it?

Still erroring out
I own multiple decryption products. But as I just mentioned the key is out in the keydb that's easily found.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

jhayden2000

Post by jhayden2000 »

what do you do once you have the key?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Well, if you have a program that has the key, use that program to make a decrypted folder and use MakeMKV to create the MKV from that. Otherwise if you have something that uses keydb.cfg format, you can create an entry in the keydb.cfg file and point that program to that file and it'll decrypt it. (VLC, as an example can be configured to use that format so you can at least play your title from a protected ISO while you wait for MakeMKV support).
tresnugget

Post by tresnugget »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:27 pm
Well, if you have a program that has the key, use that program to make a decrypted folder and use MakeMKV to create the MKV from that. Otherwise if you have something that uses keydb.cfg format, you can create an entry in the keydb.cfg file and point that program to that file and it'll decrypt it. (VLC, as an example can be configured to use that format so you can at least play your title from a protected ISO while you wait for MakeMKV support).
That's what I just did.
I used Makemkv to backup the disc,
Downloaded explorefab to make a mini ISO out of the backup and mount it to a virtual drive
Used dvdfab passkey to make an unencrypted backup out of the original backup mounted in the virtual drive
Then finally used makemkv to make an mkv out of the unencrypted backup

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution but this way I didn't have to monkey with changing my drive firmware
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Key has been added to the hashed keys. Decrypting now.
rkhollister

Post by rkhollister »

Yup - worked fine for me in MakeMKV yesterday