Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
McZuzlak

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by McZuzlak »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:17 pm
McZuzlak wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:59 pm
Hey guys! Is this only playable only in Shield at the moment ? Or are there other supported methods ?
I have an LG C7 where I already can play dv BL+EL content in mp4 container with Xplay ( third party plex client ) but without HD audio sadly.
you’re not getting hd audio on the LG internal player regardless of the container, is a hardware limitation. stick with the mp4.
I don't play them with LGs internal player. I'm using a third party plex client called Xplay. Files are shared over DNLA.
Liersi

Post by Liersi »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:46 pm
EDIT:

Now I feel dumb.

I didn't install the ExoPlayer apk. Working fine now. Thank you!!
Don't feel dumb. This happens to us all. Me? Every damn time. That's why I thought it sounded like one of my problems when I read yours. Glad it's working!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:46 pm
Liersi wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:37 pm
chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Sorry do you mind clarifying what you mean by full exit and splash screen restart? I usually go to multitasking and select dismiss from below it.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant a full restart where you close down the app in such a way that it starts with the KODI splash screen when you launch it again. Dismissing it should do it, I usually exit out of KODI. Installing the modified ExoPlayer apk, putting shawn's xml where you put it and restarting KODI is all I did.
EDIT:

Now I feel dumb.

I didn't install the ExoPlayer apk. Working fine now. Thank you!!
ROFLMAO! Yea, that'd do it. :) Glad you figured it out.
Andreaslol

Post by Andreaslol »

hey guys,

does that mean i can now throw all my dolby vision complete isos into makemkv 1.15.2 and convert them to dolby vision mkvs?

hmm, i converted a dolby vision complete iso ("Codec: MpegH HEVC Main10@L5.1 (dvhe.07.06 BL+EL+RPU FEL)") to mkv with makemkv 1.15.2 and then i opened that mkv in makemkv but makemkv says its "Codec: MpegH HEVC Main10@L5.1"

so it does not work?!
ragico

Post by ragico »

@yusesope
In some movies some audio tracks are greyed out even if they are part of the mkv.
Examples: Trolls World Tour (english) atmos 7.1 and ac3 5.1
The deer hunter all tracks (dts hd master stereo english and italian)
Jaws italian ac3 5.1
Midway dts hd master 5.1 (english and italian)
and so on... It seems like exoplayer at random recognize or not some audio tracks.
Just to let you know.
Hitsville

Post by Hitsville »

Andreaslol wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm

hmm, i converted a dolby vision complete iso ("Codec: MpegH HEVC Main10@L5.1 (dvhe.07.06 BL+EL+RPU FEL)") to mkv with makemkv 1.15.2 and then i opened that mkv in makemkv but makemkv says its "Codec: MpegH HEVC Main10@L5.1"

so it does not work?!
Not sure that makes sense.
You opened it twice in MakeMKV or did you mean you created it and then opened it in MediaInfo?
Its MediaInfo that hasn't been updated yet.
Personally Im on my 6th rip of the day and no issues so far.
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

Andreaslol wrote:
hey guys,

does that mean i can now throw all my dolby vision complete isos into makemkv 1.15.2 and convert them to dolby vision mkvs?

so it does not work?!
That’s what I did.

When I was messing with the matrix with the MP4 method I had the iso on hand (didn’t delete it after I ripped it). I just ran in through MakeMKV and it worked perfect!
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Andreaslol wrote:
hey guys,

so it does not work?!
It works, but unfortunately makemkv does not recognize the files it creates as DV (will be added in 1.15.3 according to mike). If you have the necessary tools to play it, it will have DV.
Andreaslol

Post by Andreaslol »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:53 pm
Andreaslol wrote:
hey guys,

so it does not work?!
It works, but unfortunately makemkv does not recognize the files it creates as DV (will be added in 1.15.3 according to mike). If you have the necessary tools to play it, it will have DV.
thank you!

ehm android exoplayer apk mod is currently the only solution?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

ragico wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 pm
@yusesope
In some movies some audio tracks are greyed out even if they are part of the mkv.
Jaws italian ac3 5.1
and so on... It seems like exoplayer at random recognize or not some audio tracks.
Just to let you know.
ExoPlayer shouldn't be set to worry about audio at all. It should be set for video only in the XML file.
ragico

Post by ragico »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 pm
ragico wrote:
@yusesope
Jaws italian ac3 5.1
Just to let you know.
ExoPlayer shouldn't be set to worry about audio at all. It should be set for video only in the XML file.
pls clarify

This is my config (posted by @shawnc22):

<playercorefactory>
<players>
    <player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.google.android.exoplayer2.demo</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

is there something wrong? Most of the movies play audio correctly but others have some audio tracks greyed out which cannot be activated.
Last edited by ragico on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
variant

Post by variant »

Pmaw10 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:41 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:11 pm
Thank you for the exoplayer apk. IT workes fine on kodi. My question is there any settings in kodi to make exoplayer the default player.
Follow the instructions posted earlier for the playercorefactory.xml.

If you want to go a step further and use the default Kodi player for everything and use ExoPlayer for Dolby VIsion mkv's only, you can add a rule in the XML to tell Kodi to use ExoPlayer when playing videos with Dolby Vision in the name (or however you label your mkv's). I for instance have "Dolby.Vision" in all my DV rips file names. So My XML looks like this:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule filename=".*Dolby.Vision.*" player="ExoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Pmaw10,

Would you be willing to share your playercorefactory.xml file? I’m trying to do this exact thing but whenever I edit the rules it somehow messes up the file and external players no longer work.

Thank you.
Pmaw10

Post by Pmaw10 »

variant wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:38 pm
Pmaw10 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:41 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:11 pm
Thank you for the exoplayer apk. IT workes fine on kodi. My question is there any settings in kodi to make exoplayer the default player.
Follow the instructions posted earlier for the playercorefactory.xml.

If you want to go a step further and use the default Kodi player for everything and use ExoPlayer for Dolby VIsion mkv's only, you can add a rule in the XML to tell Kodi to use ExoPlayer when playing videos with Dolby Vision in the name (or however you label your mkv's). I for instance have "Dolby.Vision" in all my DV rips file names. So My XML looks like this:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule filename=".*Dolby.Vision.*" player="ExoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Pmaw10,

Would you be willing to share your playercorefactory.xml file? I’m trying to do this exact thing but whenever I edit the rules it somehow messes up the file and external players no longer work.

Thank you.
Here is my XML. I've updated it a little becauseI have a few rips in .ts that I want to play in MX Player so that I can get Dolby Vision, at least until I get around to re-ripping them to mkv. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything and Ill do my best. I'm no expert but I'm sure if I can't help you someone else here will.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oaNLGN ... sp=sharing
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

ragico wrote:
@yusesope
Jaws italian ac3 5.1
Just to let you know.
I feel your pain ragico. the Italian track is greyed out too many times ... We have the best dubbers in the world ... it's a shame.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, my apk is for demonstration purposes only.
I just added the code needed to start playing mkv files with DV and modified their demo to be invoked as an external player by other applications.
Any other problems must be addressed to the Exoplayer team but ONLY after the pull request (relating to mkv + DV) will be merged.

However, I don't think the problem has to do with the XML read by Kodi.
ragico

Post by ragico »

@yusesope
I full agree with you. I was not complaining just keep you informed.
I think that you have started this DV revolution and everybody should say thanks to you master.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D