MakeMkv custom app integration

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Andre_Goressi

MakeMkv custom app integration

Post by Andre_Goressi »

hello i wanted to ask if you can use the initigratioin instead of vlc or systemwide because if i use it systemwide it doesn't work under powerdvd 23 but i want to use it exactly in powerdvd 23 that's why i want to ask if you can set a custom line so you can choose the program for the intigration yourself
MartyMcNuts

Re: MakeMkv custom app integration

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Andre_Goressi wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:15 pm
hello i wanted to ask if you can use the initigratioin instead of vlc or systemwide because if i use it systemwide it doesn't work under powerdvd 23 but i want to use it exactly in powerdvd 23 that's why i want to ask if you can set a custom line so you can choose the program for the intigration yourself
It cannot be used with PowerDVD as that is official playback software. It is for use with unofficial players like VLC, MPC-HC etc...
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
jtsapps217

Post by jtsapps217 »

This may be a silly question but what exactly is the use case for having MakeMKV launch VLC, etc.? Is this so once the rip is finished, it opens a player program? Just trying to understand a use case.

Thanks.
Andre_Goressi

Post by Andre_Goressi »

do you know which .dll file in powerdvd is responsible for decrypting a blu ray ? i want to try it anyway i am sure that you have to rename the .dll file and sadly only powerdvd runs reliably with me vlc unfortunately not and mpc-hc unfortunately does not support blu ray menus and kodi does not run reliably either
Andre_Goressi

Post by Andre_Goressi »

i want to use the intigration of makemkv for powerdvd 23 so that i can play 4k uhd blu rays has e.g. also worked with xreveal in powerdvd 22 with a certain version that still supports the playback of 4k uhd blu rays yet this was removed because of intel sgx so it must and should also work with the intigration of or. with makemkv also works because it does not work with xreveal because there is no support for powerdvd 23 and vlc crashes without any error message sometimes or the movie freezes and I tried everything to fix it and had to realize that only powerdvd works fine for me and too bad I couldn't try mpc-hc properly it doesn't support blu ray menus