Post by Bluntmad »

Dumps Also Submitted :

MKB20_v77_ANDOR_COMPLETE_FIRST_SEASON_D1_A38A
MKB20_v77_ANDOR_COMPLETE_FIRST_SEASON_D2_5948
MKB20_v77_ANDOR_COMPLETE_FIRST_SEASON_D3_EC76
GagHalfrunt

Re: Andor UK

Post by GagHalfrunt »

I had also submitted mine. They now decrypt but I'm having I/O errors trying to rip. Anyone else having this issue? So far both Discs 1 & 2 of the UHDs won't rip, haven't tried Disc 3.

I've tried giving them a good clean with an alcohol wipe in case there is a film on there but still doesn't help. Of course my drive could be picky/dying but I've ripped hundreds of discs, the only problems I had in the past were with Lord of the Rings (but I know that wasn't just me).
Bluntmad

Post by Bluntmad »

I've ripped 1&3, 2 is in progress.. (edit - 2 just finished fine)
I should note however, On my old faithful drive I only successfully ripped disc 3, 1 would error out early, and 2 would have hash errors.. So I swapped out my drive for another, and 1 ripped fine, and 2 appears to be working correctly too. (I also have had no problems with the other drive apart from these discs, but I`m fortunate to have another different manufacturer/model to fallback on).
GagHalfrunt

Post by GagHalfrunt »

Thanks! Unfortunately I only have the LG BH16NS55 which supports LibreDrive as my old Pioneer does not. I'm going to see if someone else's drive works, I'm thinking that some of these later discs are just not as well made as they were, and UHDs being higher capacity in general the risk of failure is higher.
ultrahorst

Post by ultrahorst »

I'm having similar issues with disc 2, ripping would always produce uncorrectable errors at the same position in either of my drives (ASUS BW16D1HT and Pioneer BDRS12U).
I can make out circular scratches on that disc, maybe yours has some, too? Given the crappy three disc stack design of the steelbook, I'm not surprised that discs come with scratches from the factory.
GagHalfrunt

Post by GagHalfrunt »

Due to the disc stacking, the odd small circular scratch is present but not so bad as I would expect it to cause problems, but then I had this with the US Blu-ray boxset of Quantum Leap.

I got someone to try ripping them on his Pioneer BDR-213EDK (with modded fw) and so far the first two ripped fine. I don't know if this is because the Pio is more tolerant to issues or my LG is on the way out (hey it's ripped over 1800 discs so I can forgive it being a little finicky now!).
ictbydesign

Post by ictbydesign »

Mine ripped ok.
On two different Pioneer.
MasterDB2205

Post by MasterDB2205 »

I'm having similar issues with disc 2, ripping would always produce uncorrectable errors at the same position in either of my drives (ASUS BW16D1HT and Pioneer BDRS12U).
Same here. :(
j-h-s

Post by j-h-s »

I finally got disc 2 to read on my LG WH14NS40 1.00. I was having terrible trouble with it and thought it was the disc at first, so I went through two returns (1 hmv and 1 amazon).

The third copy came today and after failing to read I decided to clean it with some isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth. I noticed it was leaving a grey smear on the disc so I went to the kitchen a dropped some Fairy (dish soap) on it and a slash of water and gave it a clean with the microfiber cloth. I then sprayed it off with some water from the tap and let it dry. Another buff with a different cloth and it was looking crystal clean.

It then proceeded to rip without issue.

A little degreasing might be worth a try if you're having similar issues. I can only assume there's an issue with a final coating or its some kind of test for a spray on copy protection.
MrNinjaShock

Post by MrNinjaShock »

I'm a little late to the party here. Did any of you get these troublesome discs to work in the end without returning them?

I've tried cleaning DIsc 2 a few times now, but I keep failing to get the final episode off the disc. Any tips you guys have would be appreciated!