M3GAN UHD - Dump File

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: M3GAN UHD - Dump File

Post by SamuriHL »

Arndrell wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:45 pm
With the help of another forum member we have come to the conclusion that this disc isn’t anything special and the Key is in the dump file that I have already sent to the SVQ email address.
For whatever reason this just hasn’t been updated in the database yet, so it’s a waiting game for the required update to be completed.
I want to clear up one misconception. The "key is not in the dump file". It's in the keydb.cfg file. The dump file contains the information necessary for Mike to decrypt the encrypted keys that are in the dump file. I just wanted to make sure you understood that the dump file in no way contains the decrypted keys.
Arndrell wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:45 pm
As a side note, I have also tried AnyDVD as suggested earlier and it also failed there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not done working on AnyDVD. See my PM.
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

And just like that spinning away happily in the drive - massive thank you to SamuriHL for all his assistance, wouldn’t have been possible without his help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obsessive compulsive ripper and collector since finding Make MKV!
Converting nearly 1,200 Blu Rays and UHD in 1:1 format to a Plex library serviced by Infuse.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Glad you got it working. These things can be tricky sometimes.
whiterose59

Post by whiterose59 »

Still not working with MakeMKV.

Submitted

Code: Select all

MKB20_v77_M3GAN_AF42.tgz
as well to help the effort.
VarHD

Post by VarHD »

@SamuriHL - could you please say what you've done with @Arndrell? I also can't rip this disc, I've sent the dump to Mike, but looking at how old this thread is, I'm not sure if it's worth waiting if there is some other solution.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Essentially you can grab the latest KEYDB.cfg file and drop it in your MakeMKV data directory (the directory where the tgz dump files are created). if it still doesn't open, you may want to grab a program called Xreveal and ensure that in its settings it's pointed to your KEYDB.cfg file (it defaults to the C:\ProgramData\aacs directory which may not be correct for your machine). Xreveal will then decrypt it and you'll be able to open it with MakeMKV that way. Ignore the warning MakeMKV gives about a third party decryption program running.
VarHD

Post by VarHD »

I got a very recent KEYDB.cfg file a few days ago which helped me with a different disc so it's still very fresh. In fact, I can see 6 versions of "M3GAN" in it, when I edit the file, but MakeMKV still tells me the key is unknown.

Just tried Xreveal, it picked up the disc, showed me the DescID which is already on the list in the KEYDB.cfg file I was using... but that actually worked. As you said, MakeMKV started yelling at me, jealous of its competition ;) but it works so... thanks a lot!
Last edited by VarHD on Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

LMAO yea that warning was put in years ago when BD+ was still a big protection and other decrypters would sometimes cause problems. With UHD that's not really an issue anymore.

The reason Xreveal worked on that disc when MakeMKV didn't is because the entry for your disc doesn't have a VUK. MakeMKV uses VUKs only from the KEYDB.cfg. Xreveal can use the unit key(s) which is why it can decrypt the disc while MakeMKV can't.

As long as you submitted the dump through email, at some point MakeMKV will be able to natively open it with its own hashed keys.