Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
deadchip12

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by deadchip12 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:15 pm
As for updates, you can allow it to update nightlies in the coreelec settings if you desire. They contain bug fixes but could introduce new issues.
I can only see stable release updates in the coreelec settings. No nightly.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Right you have to install a nightly manually the first time before you can update to them. If you install the stable build you won't have the nightly option.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Does anybody know how to interpret RESET_1999's grade/master check spreadsheet?

For example, the movie 300 is listed as a movie where the DV can be injected into the bluray but it lists iTunes as the DV source. Does this mean the Framestor hybrid isn't correct?

There also movies in that same table but mention errors (ie. Framestor incorrect L5, MDL mismatch, etc). Should all of these be avoided?

Finally, the first table (list of movies where DV should not be injected) lists a FEL player being required but since the AMB6+ is FEL-capable, are these releases OK to use?

I'm trying to determine the acceptable/correct hybrids that I should consider (and I guess I should ignore all the other hybrids?). I'm also wondering if I should just avoid hybrid releases and only use UHD remuxes without DV injected. (ie. don't use any hybrids)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

sofakng wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:05 pm

I'm trying to determine the acceptable/correct hybrids that I should consider (and I guess I should ignore all the other hybrids?). I'm also wondering if I should just avoid hybrid releases and only use UHD remuxes without DV injected. (ie. don't use any hybrids)
Yes, the quality will be wrong and worse than HDR10 if the DV and HDR10 grades are not the same.
Does anybody know how to interpret RESET_1999's grade/master check spreadsheet?
I measure the HDR10 brightness and compare it to the Dovi L1 metadata plot. They must be close enough to work but a small difference is acceptable since the values are calculated differently with madvr or dovi.
what you want to avoid is differences like this example: https://slow.pics/c/5zA3WNM9
For example, the movie 300 is listed as a movie where the DV can be injected into the bluray but it lists iTunes as the DV source. Does this mean the Framestor hybrid isn't correct?
no it just means that I used the P5 iTunes source directly instead of getting my metadata from framestore. In the end, both sources come from iTunes.

There also movies in that same table but mention errors (ie. Framestor incorrect L5, MDL mismatch, etc). Should all of these be avoided?
incorrect L5: technical detail and should not affect quality unless you use a player that use L5 (EG, TV internal player, Windows Energy player)
MDL mismatch: this doesn't matter as long as the actual HDR grade is the same brightness as the dovi release.
Finally, the first table (list of movies where DV should not be injected) lists a FEL player being required but since the AMB6+ is FEL-capable, are these releases OK to use?
no, any player will be wrong if you make a P8 hybrid of those movies. You need to play them as P7 on the ugoos or bake/encode fel to the BL.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Thank you so much for the help and the information.

Do you recommend avoiding any hybrid release that is not on your spreadsheet?

Are there hybrid groups that are more trustworthy? (for example, anything from Framestor or Wildcast should be OK?)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Well, the only group I would 100% trust is 3L and it's only because I know him personally and I know that he always does all the necessary checks.
Some older framestor releases are wrong and I just checked the Captain America hybrid is still available on BHD even though it's a VERY different grade and the RPU is not even in sync with the BL.
Same for their Black Widow release and others.

You can pm the list of hybrids you're not sure and I can have a look if i can find them.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Does anybody know if CoreElec (with the AM6B+) supports BD-J with ISO playback?

I know that ripping UHDs to MKV is more convenient (and allows you to use Plex, etc) but it might be nice to have the "full disc experience" ?

Does anybody else do this or is this a waste of time? :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

There's a Java plugin you have to add. I would say it kind of works but not always.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:08 am

I use the plex ''composite'' addon with Arctic Zephyr skin. You can configure it to work exactly like plex.

Thanks for the information. In the end my choice was Emby over Plex. I like the server interface better. For Kodi there is the Emby Next Gen addon. As a skin I find this to be really beautiful.

Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

sofakng wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:27 pm
Does anybody know if CoreElec (with the AM6B+) supports BD-J with ISO playback?

I know that ripping UHDs to MKV is more convenient (and allows you to use Plex, etc) but it might be nice to have the "full disc experience" ?

Does anybody else do this or is this a waste of time? :)
As it was said, you have to install the java add-on from the CoreElec repository. I've tried some and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So for now I default to "simplified menu" for iso and Bdmv. In this way I have full control over the video (I read about someone who complained about the lack of buttons when playing from iso/bdmv, precisely because the simplified menu is not used)
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

sofakng wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:54 pm
Thank you so much for the help and the information.

Do you recommend avoiding any hybrid release that is not on your spreadsheet?

Are there hybrid groups that are more trustworthy? (for example, anything from Framestor or Wildcast should be OK?)
What is a hybrid release? Stream cmv4.0 already injected into the bluray one?
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:21 pm
incorrect L5: technical detail and should not affect quality unless you use a player that use L5 (EG, TV internal player, Windows Energy player)
MDL mismatch: this doesn't matter as long as the actual HDR grade is the same brightness as the dovi release.
I watched your Transfer CMV4.0 bloc from WEB to the CMV2.9 Profile 7 FEL Dolby Vision Bluray Disc. tutorial and this was mentioned: "The levels you have to transfer are 3, 8, 9"
However if I check Dune 2 in your spreadsheet for example, it says: "BD is MEL and cmv2.9 only. Level 4 can be copied"
So which level number should I type in the Dovi_Scripts?

Also, what does the note "invalid L6 metadata must be edited" mean? How do i edit it?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:37 am
I watched your Transfer CMV4.0 bloc from WEB to the CMV2.9 Profile 7 FEL Dolby Vision Bluray Disc. tutorial and this was mentioned: "The levels you have to transfer are 3, 8, 9"
However if I check Dune 2 in your spreadsheet for example, it says: "BD is MEL and cmv2.9 only. Level 4 can be copied"

Also, what does the note "invalid L6 metadata must be edited" mean? How do i edit it?
This was before when my script couldn't transfer cmv4.0 to profile 7. So I was using the P8 rpu from streaming and was getting L4 from the disc because L4 is always missing from iTunes webdl.
When you make a P7 rpu cmv4.0 with a rpu from streaming, you have to copy 3,8,9 only.
Some iTunes web-dl has illegal L6 metadata (higher than 10 000nits). The workflow to edit an RPU is 2-1-1.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:02 am
deadchip12 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:37 am

This was before when my script couldn't transfer cmv4.0 to profile 7. So I was using the P8 rpu from streaming and was getting L4 from the disc because L4 is always missing from iTunes webdl.
When you make a P7 rpu cmv4.0 with a rpu from streaming, you have to copy 3,8,9 only.
Some iTunes web-dl has illegal L6 metadata (higher than 10 000nits). The workflow to edit an RPU is 2-1-1.
I am running workflow 2-6 and it asks me to enter a frame number to resync. So I run workflow 2-4 to find the frame difference. However, I got errors:

Drag and drop the first video file and press enter..."F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\Dune 2 (bluray)_RPU.bin"

Drag and drop the second video file and press enter..."F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\Dune 2 (stream)_RPU.bin"

Analyse the whole videos(slow) or just a sample(fast)^? (slow=s or fast=f default=f)

Auto or manual verification^? (auto=a manual=m default=a)

making sample to speed up indexing...
done.
Indexing, please wait... 0%
Failed to initialize indexing: Can't open 'F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (bluray)_RPU_sample.mkv'
[avisynth @ 00000158f6afacc0] FFVideoSource: Can't open 'F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (bluray)_RPU_sample.mkv'
(F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (bluray)_RPU.avs, line 2)
[in#0 @ 00000158f6add6c0] Error opening input: Unknown error occurred
Error opening input file F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (bluray)_RPU.avs.
Error opening input files: Unknown error occurred
Indexing, please wait... 0%
Failed to initialize indexing: Can't open 'F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (stream)_RPU_sample.mkv'
[avisynth @ 000001c9b752acc0] FFVideoSource: Can't open 'F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (stream)_RPU_sample.mkv'
(F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (stream)_RPU.avs, line 2)
[in#0 @ 000001c9b750d6c0] Error opening input: Unknown error occurred
Error opening input file F:\Films\FILMMUXER\transfer_cmv40_to_cmv29\SCREENSHOTS\Dune 2 (stream)_RPU.avs.
Error opening input files: Unknown error occurred

Detecting scene cuts and extracting PNG to output path for: "Dune 2 (bluray)_RPU"
Usage: scenedetect.exe [OPTIONS] COMMAND1 [ARGS]... [COMMAND2 [ARGS]...]...
Try 'scenedetect.exe -h' for help.

Error: Invalid value for -i/--input: Input error:

Video file not found.

Done.

Detecting scene cuts and extracting PNG to output path for "Dune 2 (stream)_RPU"
Usage: scenedetect.exe [OPTIONS] COMMAND1 [ARGS]... [COMMAND2 [ARGS]...]...
Try 'scenedetect.exe -h' for help.

Error: Invalid value for -i/--input: Input error:

Video file not found.

Done.

Now trying to find the frame difference... (may not find one...)
The system cannot find the file specified.
tokens=2 delims=," was unexpected at this time.
Missing operand.
Missing operand.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
This may not be the true difference, ALWAYS DOUBLE-CHECK WITH THE EXTRACTED PNGs...

--> Possible difference in frames:
--> Possible difference in MS:

The script has been completed. Do you want to quit or go back to main menu (q or m default=q)?