Svq@makemkv.com - „Message size exceeds capabilities of MX responsible for the recipient“

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
murx75

Svq@makemkv.com - „Message size exceeds capabilities of MX responsible for the recipient“

#1 Post by murx75 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:52 am

Hi,

Sending a 7 to 8 MB large tgz file to svq@makemkv.com I keep getting a nondeliverable return message „Message size exceeds capabilities of MX responsible for the recipient“.

Anyone else heaving the same problem? Is it a problem of my mail server or MakeMKV‘s?

Thanks!

Woodstock

Re: Svq@makemkv.com - „Message size exceeds capabilities of MX responsible for the recipient“

#2 Post by Woodstock » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:32 pm

A lot of email servers limit what they'll accept for messages. Sometimes, you have to split the messages (there is an "ancient" way of doing this from way back in computer history), but a lot of mail programs will not default to doing it.

My system is "weird" that I've set it up to accept up to 40MB messages, but some popular ones (gmail, etc.) won't accept more than about 10MB. I do not know what Mike's system accepts, as I haven't tried a really large message in the past.

The encoding means that you can send a file that is 3/4 the maximum size to them, because of how they're encoded. That means 7.5MB is the "peak size" that is allowed as a single message to a 10MB system... and your file size is right at that limit.

Does your email program have a way to limit message size, and (therefore) ship the message as a pair of messages?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging

ictbydesign

Re: Svq@makemkv.com - „Message size exceeds capabilities of MX responsible for the recipient“

#3 Post by ictbydesign » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:36 pm

I tried sending 3 files recently and received the same message.
Sent 3 separate ones and all went through. As mentioned above, we don't know what mike uses and the limits.

MartyMcNuts

#4 Post by MartyMcNuts » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:25 pm

murx75 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:52 am
Hi,

Sending a 7 to 8 MB large tgz file to svq@makemkv.com I keep getting a nondeliverable return message „Message size exceeds capabilities of MX responsible for the recipient“.

Anyone else heaving the same problem? Is it a problem of my mail server or MakeMKV‘s?

Thanks!
Upload your tgz file somewhere such as Googledrive or MediaFire and email the download link to svq@makemkv.com
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com