Can't seem to rip Solo A Star Wars Story 4K

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
adambomber

Re: Can't seem to rip Solo A Star Wars Story 4K

Post by adambomber »

yeah I just got a replacement for my previous WH16NS40 (and made sure to flash it properly), ordered a new copy of the film, and made sure it was cleaned as best I could. it nearly finishes saving, but runs into hash check problems late into the process for 0062.m2ts and then fails.

at this point, I'm at a loss on what else I could do
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

adambomber wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:31 pm
yeah I just got a replacement for my previous WH16NS40 (and made sure to flash it properly), ordered a new copy of the film, and made sure it was cleaned as best I could. it nearly finishes saving, but runs into hash check problems late into the process for 0062.m2ts and then fails.

sometimes with lg/asus you just need to try multiple times give the drive a full reboot in between trys by shutting down your pc not restarting
but you problem should just go with a pioneer they are much more reliable then keep getting these lg/asus drives personally i would not get an lg/asus as long as the pioneers are available
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
adambomber

Post by adambomber »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:42 pm
adambomber wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:31 pm

sometimes with lg/asus you just need to try multiple times give the drive a full reboot in between trys by shutting down your pc not restarting
but you problem should just go with a pioneer they are much more reliable then keep getting these lg/asus drives personally i would not get an lg/asus as long as the pioneers are available
Going with Pioneer would probably have been the wiser decision, but with this LG drive having been on-sale online earlier this week I took that option while I could. (I'm a college student and money is not readily available atm)

What rates do you have for an internal pioneer drive, billy? I believe I emailed you inquiring about this once before, when dealing with this issue early on
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

adambomber wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 pm

Going with Pioneer would probably have been the wiser decision, but with this LG drive having been on-sale online earlier this week I took that option while I could. (I'm a college student and money is not readily available atm)

What rates do you have for an internal pioneer drive, billy? I believe I emailed you inquiring about this once before, when dealing with this issue early on
[/quote]
my posted prices below are accurate the cheapest pioneer i sell the 212 is $158 that's cheaper then the msrp for the pioneer 212ubk thats $160 so its a deal getting a new flashed and tested pioneer drive for that price.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
adambomber

Post by adambomber »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:53 pm
adambomber wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 pm

my posted prices below are accurate the cheapest pioneer i sell the 212 is $158 that's cheaper then the msrp for the pioneer 212ubk thats $160 so its a deal getting a new flashed and tested pioneer drive for that price.
[/quote]
Is there a difference between the two drives you listed?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

adambomber wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:00 am
Is there a difference between the two drives you listed?
yeah i flash the standard 212 to 212ubk but in makemkv it gains UHD ripping with that firmware