Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

I'm not sure.

Here's an audio test file if you want to try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRlklh ... drive_link

Yoshitaka

Post by Yoshitaka »

The TV speakers really do have good bass to it.
It seemed like the last track was the loudest and fullest on the tv speakers. Makes sense.
tjayz

Post by tjayz »

I'm not sure when it changed, but Emby can now cast P7 DL DT or ST in any container that I tested, TrueHD 7.1 or DTS-HD MA 7.1, direct from the server to the media player via UPnP. When using the UBP-X800m2 which cannot add client apps to it, this makes Emby the only choice. I could never get Jellyfin or Kodi to work with the UBP and was always using Windows Media Player to cast FEL P7 titles with lossless audio. There is now an all in one solution that makes your library look good! Thought I'd share since I learned so much from this thread, been reading it for years on and off. Cheers!
UBP-X800M2 / LG OLED CX / NAD M17 V2i
valington

Post by valington »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:08 pm
The core in a DTS-HD7.1 track is only 5.1 so if you have a 7.1 audio system, DDP may be better.
Hallo Reset my question is if i take mkv 7 profile dolby vision and then muxe it in ts muxer to ts container could i play it in clon oppo in ts container 7 profile dolby vision and do i get true dolby vision like in bdmv container ? Cause my friend tried it and said that this oppotunity don t work
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

valington wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:48 am
Hallo Reset my question is if i take mkv 7 profile dolby vision and then muxe it in ts muxer to ts container could i play it in clon oppo in ts container 7 profile dolby vision and do i get true dolby vision like in bdmv container ? Cause my friend tried it and said that this oppotunity don t work
Yes,but as noted in the excel sheet in my signature, on the x700/x800m2 and oppo, some ST P7 rip will not work.
Use workflow 4-3 to get a dual track dual layer file and all the rips will work.
ArArdin

STDL mkv --> DTDL mp4

Post by ArArdin »

It's been quite a while since using RESET_9999's scripts and I'm somewhat struggling with the current ones. My newbee apologies for asking.
Is it possible to convert a dovi P7 mkv (singletrack duallayer) into a P7 dualtrack-duallayer mp4 file? If so, can someone tell me which steps in what script?
RESET_9999

Re: STDL mkv --> DTDL mp4

Post by RESET_9999 »

ArArdin wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:58 pm
It's been quite a while since using RESET_9999's scripts and I'm somewhat struggling with the current ones. My newbee apologies for asking.
Is it possible to convert a dovi P7 mkv (singletrack duallayer) into a P7 dualtrack-duallayer mp4 file? If so, can someone tell me which steps in what script?
MP4 version of my script and then workflow 4-3
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

Nice. Went flawless after clearing some path-related issues. Really feel like a blundering novice here.

Thanks a bunch for your quick response :D
ArArdin

mp4 STDL and chapters?

Post by ArArdin »

A few questions regarding the options after the first "4" (DoVi Profile 7 Input (MKV/BDMV)) if you don't mind, RESET_9999.

It is possible for P7 mp4 to be STDL (IIRC the old Yusesope tool could do so), where BL and EL+RPU be interleaved in one hevc track. Is there a particular reason to why there's no option to output such STDL mp4?
Another thing is, I've recently learned that chapters can be muxed in mp4. Can you tell me how this is done in case I have a - let's say chapters.txt file - or do I have to add the chapters in mkv first?
RESET_9999

Re: mp4 STDL and chapters?

Post by RESET_9999 »

ArArdin wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:46 pm
A few questions regarding the options after the first "4" (DoVi Profile 7 Input (MKV/BDMV)) if you don't mind, RESET_9999.

It is possible for P7 mp4 to be STDL (IIRC the old Yusesope tool could do so), where BL and EL+RPU be interleaved in one hevc track. Is there a particular reason to why there's no option to output such STDL mp4?
Another thing is, I've recently learned that chapters can be muxed in mp4. Can you tell me how this is done in case I have a - let's say chapters.txt file - or do I have to add the chapters in mkv first?
the ST-DL P7 workflow is hidden a bit but it's there in workflow 4-1-2. It's only for BDMV or DT-DL input though.

I guess I could let workflow 5 to mux the ST P7 video untouched(right now it convert to p8)
DjObama

Post by DjObama »

Hi,
I have LG B8, your spreadsheet doesn't list support for the B series, however every MEL title has worked so far. I'm getting confused about the FEL titles. So far none has worked for me after converting to ts or m2ts, some dont play some stutter for a bit and stop playing. However with the last movie I decided to follow the 4-3 workflow and created a DT-DL mp4 which plays fine.
My question is: Is it possible that my tv just doesn't play the second (1080p fel) video stream and I see only the BL+RPU on the screen? Or does DT-DL playing in DV mean everything works fine? How can I verify this as an total amateur?
Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:22 pm
if you use the dovi_scripts, it's not too complicated.

automated: workflow 8-6-2
manual (with staxrip or in cli x265.exe):
1. workflow 7-1 in manual mode.
2. edit the avs script: remove the text overlay and uncomment convertbits(10)
3. convert the rpu to p8.
4. encode the avs file just like any HDR video file(with the rpu or inject it after the encode).
Sorry for my ignorance. The first section is was created with the 7-1 Manual option. Is the second section edited correctly for encoding with StaxRip?

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\tools\DoViBaker_x64.dll") 
LoadPlugin("I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\tools\avs_libplacebo.dll") 
LoadPlugin("I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\tools\dgdecnv_242\DGDecodeNV.dll") 
bl = DGSource("I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\Movie_BL.dgi") 
el = DGSource("I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\Movie_EL.dgi") 
SetFilterMTMode("DoViBaker",2)  
DoViBaker(bl, el, rpu= "I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\Movie_RPU_FEL.bin") 
# libplacebo_Tonemap(src_csp=1, dst_csp=0, dynamic_peak_detection=true, tone_mapping_function=0, tone_mapping_mode=1) 
# ConvertToYUV420(matrix="709") 
# SetFilterMTMode("DoViBaker",2) and Prefetch(8) must be removed to use libplacebo 
ConvertToYUV420(matrix="2020") 
# ConvertBits(10) 
# Crop(0, 280, -0, -280) 
# Spline36Resize(1920, 1080) 
Prefetch(8)

LoadPlugin("I:\Working\Dolby-Vision-Tools\tools\avs_libplacebo.dll") 
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

DjObama wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:58 pm
Hi,
I have LG B8, your spreadsheet doesn't list support for the B series, however every MEL title has worked so far. I'm getting confused about the FEL titles. So far none has worked for me after converting to ts or m2ts, some dont play some stutter for a bit and stop playing. However with the last movie I decided to follow the 4-3 workflow and created a DT-DL mp4 which plays fine.
My question is: Is it possible that my tv just doesn't play the second (1080p fel) video stream and I see only the BL+RPU on the screen? Or does DT-DL playing in DV mean everything works fine? How can I verify this as an total amateur?
Yes, the 2018 LG TVs support FEL but indeed, the support in TS/M2TS containers is not great for the Single track rip (makemkv) and the dual track rip will not work.
So the best option for FEL playback on this TV is the MP4 container and DV is processed properly(BL+EL+RPU) as far as I know.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Gatorman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:50 pm
Sorry for my ignorance. The first section is was created with the 7-1 Manual option. Is the second section edited correctly for encoding with StaxRip?
You have to uncomment ConvertBits(10) from the avs script or add a bit-depth 10bit conversion in staxrip.

SetFilterMTMode("DoViBaker",2)  
ConvertBits(10) 
Prefetch(8)
Gatorman

Post by Gatorman »

Since baking in FEL with StaxRip I've been getting validate_metadata errors like these, when adding the converted RPU. Is this normal?

WARNING: L1=0,0,0 metadata at shot: UniqueID = e822cd1d-e184-4959-bd7f-4fcc0f6754fb @[0-43].

WARNING: shot: UniqueID = bc0fa9d6-cce2-4d50-b990-9b3f88a48802 @[175549-175794] contains target trim(s) without a 100-nit, Rec.709 trim.
More reasons to collect physical media. 2019 Shield TV Pro.