Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

dapope wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:56 am

Ok, thanks very much! Is there an easy way to tell for myself what FEL titles have this issue?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
dapope

Post by dapope »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:00 pm
dapope wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:56 am

Ok, thanks very much! Is there an easy way to tell for myself what FEL titles have this issue?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Thanks but I meant to check myself in case there was a title you hadn't looked at. I guess you are pretty thorough, though.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

dapope wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:09 pm

Thanks but I meant to check myself in case there was a title you hadn't looked at. I guess you are pretty thorough, though.
You plot L1 DV(6-2-3) and HDR10 (6-2-2) or you export screenshots with (6-8-1).
then compare the brightness.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

you can also create some cool heatmap with 6-2-7

example: https://slow.pics/c/2uVZCIH8
stehohrhase

Post by stehohrhase »

Hi, in the sheet/comparson of DV-Stuff there are also itunes movies listed. I can not work with my files, bevause there are encrypted. Is there a database with the keys for the movies available ? Or somebody share Info, how to get the keys ? Generally i know, how provsioning works, but i have no Info, to get the needed keys from a device, with is not dongraded to L3. Or ist there other option ? Gladyl PM, when this is OT.
Lapihin_A

Post by Lapihin_A »

Please advise, I have two videos completely synchronized and with the same number of frames. The task is to add HDR10+ metadata from one video to the other. The two videos differ in frame size but with the same aspect ratio, the donor video with HDR10+ 1600p and the patient video 2160p. Question - is it possible to add HDR10+ metadata from one video to the other and vice versa if both videos differ in frame size? Is there any parameter similar to Level 5 in HDR10+ metadata as in Dolby Vision?
fransalas

Post by fransalas »

Hello I'm hallucinating with your tool, I have a question .. I have several series in SDR and I have seen that your tool with the command 6-9 converts to HDR10 but the CPU shoots up to 100% and as your tool says -- Encode FEL P7 or HLG or P5 to HDR10 or SDR with ffmpeg/libx265/libx26/ibplacebo/dovi_baker
-- Require an Nvidia gpu that supports Vulkan.
-- Input must be P7 Single-Track for FEL to P8 encoding and require Avisynthplus and dovi.dll.
refers to having an NVIDIA Vilkan GPU and I have a 4090 that I have observed does not work when I run the tool... It could be some configuration failure?.. thanks I am waiting in case anyone knows the answer or can guide me
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

fransalas wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:35 pm
I have several series in SDR and I have seen that your tool with the command 6-9 converts to HDR10
The script cannot convert SDR to HDR.
You need software like Davinci Resolve if you want to do that.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Lapihin_A wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:57 pm
Please advise, I have two videos completely synchronized and with the same number of frames. The task is to add HDR10+ metadata from one video to the other. The two videos differ in frame size but with the same aspect ratio, the donor video with HDR10+ 1600p and the patient video 2160p. Question - is it possible to add HDR10+ metadata from one video to the other and vice versa if both videos differ in frame size? Is there any parameter similar to Level 5 in HDR10+ metadata as in Dolby Vision?
https://github.com/quietvoid/hdr10plus_tool
fransalas

Post by fransalas »

Some explanatory manual of how to perform the process with DaVinci
Phantomas

Post by Phantomas »

Hello! Please tell me with what software I can change the fps of the Atmos track?
Lapihin_A

Post by Lapihin_A »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:51 pm
Lapihin_A wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:57 pm
https://github.com/quietvoid/hdr10plus_tool
Hi RESET_9999! I know how, my question is exactly - Will the HDR10+ metadata work correctly IF! the two videos are different frame sizes? Is there any parameter similar to Level 5 in HDR10+ metadata as in Dolby Vision?
fransalas

Post by fransalas »

There would be some possibility to add in your tool in the 6-9 the possibility to add or modify HDR metadata such as Luminance monitor mastering, Light level maximum content and in maximum medium frame .. thanks is just to know if you could
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

DoVi_Scripts_1.8.9.1.beta
(3-1) can now generate DV with the Dolby cmv4.0 algo without the need for Davinci Resolve. It can also work without an nvidia GPU.
It can generate frame-by-frame long-play or shot-by-shot metadata. I haven't compared the scene cut detection algo I'm using with the one in Resolve yet.

needed exe (metafier and cm_analyze) can be found here: https://customer.dolby.com/content-crea ... tools-v530
fransalas wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:24 am
there's an SDR to HDR template in my script tutorial folder that will convert gamma 2.4 to PQ.
Then you have to play with the HDR settings in resolve.
Phantomas wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:12 am
Hello! Please tell me with what software I can change the fps of the Atmos track?
DEE but you should change the video fps instead.
https://professional.dolby.com/product/ ... ng-engine/
Lapihin_A wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:18 pm
Hi RESET_9999! I know how, my question is exactly - Will the HDR10+ metadata work correctly IF! the two videos are different frame sizes? Is there any parameter similar to Level 5 in HDR10+ metadata as in Dolby Vision?
if the frame order is the same, I guess so. I don't know much about hdr10plus
fransalas wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:55 pm
There would be some possibility to add in your tool in the 6-9 the possibility to add or modify HDR metadata such as Luminance monitor mastering, Light level maximum content and in maximum medium frame .. thanks is just to know if you could
6-9 already takes the metadata from the source rpu.
valington

Post by valington »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:40 pm
DoVi_Scripts_1.8.9.1.beta
(3-1) can now generate DV with the Dolby cmv4.0 algo without the need for Davinci Resolve. It can also work without an nvidia GPU.
It can generate frame-by-frame long-play or shot-by-shot metadata. I haven't compared the scene cut detection algo I'm using with the one in Resolve yet.

needed exe (metafier and cm_analyze) can be found here: https://customer.dolby.com/content-crea ... tools-v530
fransalas wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:24 am
there's an SDR to HDR template in my script tutorial folder that will convert gamma 2.4 to PQ.
Then you have to play with the HDR settings in resolve.
Phantomas wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:12 am
DEE but you should change the video fps instead.
https://professional.dolby.com/product/ ... ng-engine/
Lapihin_A wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:18 pm
if the frame order is the same, I guess so. I don't know much about hdr10plus
fransalas wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:55 pm
6-9 already takes the metadata from the source rpu.
Hallo Reset looks like DRAG AND DROP don t work on windows 11