Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rkhollister

Re: Avatar The Way of the Water dump submitted

Post by rkhollister »

jayper wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:29 pm
rkhollister wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:28 pm
Anyone figure out the difference (if any) between to 2 titles on the 4K disc? I ripped both and spot checking I can't see a difference.
MPLS 800 has English subtitles burned in. MPLS 801 does not.
Awesome - thanks! Looks like the same arrangement for the Avatar 1 4k disc
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

My Way of Water BB SB was supported when it arrived. Thanks to those who've submitted it. My Avatar disc should be here tomorrow, hopefully.
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

I had to clear my DNS cache to get it to work but I was able to successfully rip Avatar The Way of Water (both 4K and 3D): https://thediscdb.com/movie/avatar-the- ... water-2022 as well as Avatar 4k: https://thediscdb.com/movie/avatar-2009 ... edition-4k. Hope this helps!
Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

Thanks for that jayper, I watched Avatar (2009) tonight and was missing subtitles, doing all kinds of internet searches to figure out how to get them to appear since it wasn't just an unforced sub track that needed to be forced. Then I wondered if the 2nd video track I saw on the disc had it. I was in the middle of ripping that file when I read this post and it put my mind at ease.
WEZZEBE

Post by WEZZEBE »

Hi,

Just wondering how big the file size is for the movie + Highest Audio (Leave the rest)?
acedogblast

Post by acedogblast »

WEZZEBE wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:11 pm
Hi,

Just wondering how big the file size is for the movie + Highest Audio (Leave the rest)?
It is 65.58 GiB. 59.1 for video and 6.48 for atmos audio.
Louie

Post by Louie »

So is 800 the correct movie title not 801

Please Advise
Louie
jayper

Post by jayper »

Louie wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:58 am

Please Advise
Louie
jayper wrote:
rkhollister wrote:
Anyone figure out the difference (if any) between to 2 titles on the 4K disc? I ripped both and spot checking I can't see a difference.
iFrog

Post by iFrog »

jayper wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:27 am
Louie wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:58 am

Please Advise
Louie
jayper wrote:
rkhollister wrote:
Hey all, just wanted some clarification. When you say "has English subtitles burned in" is it just for the non English dialog, or for the whole move? if it's for the non English parts, that's what I want, but not the whole movie subtitled. I'm currently ripping 8000 as it's typically the right one, so I just did it automatically since both looked identical on the blu-ray.

EDIT: OK, just played some of the file back on the computer, and it looks like it's only the non English has subs burned in and the English isn't turned on by default. I'm assuming then, the 8001 track didn't have the non English subs at all. Hopefully I have figured this out correctly.
jayper

Post by jayper »

Yeah, sorry. That's a good clarification.

MPLS 800 has English subs burned in for the Na'vi language. Nothing else.
MPLS 801 has no subs burned in at all.
peter-a

Post by peter-a »

I have a 4K copy of Avatar: The Way of Water - Ultimate Collector's Edition that's not ripping for me. Other 4K movies rip fine, as does the Blu-Ray disk that's in the set. Here's what gets displayed when I try to open the disk:

MakeMKV v1.17.4 win(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=866A98CB9C4E)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\Peter/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\Peter/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_Avatar-_The_Way_of_Water_9CF2.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I tried the DNS flush but it didn't help and "Enable Internet Access" is enabled. There doesn't seem to be any current information on the hostname for the HK download in the UHD FAQ but I'm getting 185.84.108.20 for hkdata.fairuse.org, and I can get to the website.

How can I get this to rip?

In case it's actually a key issue, I sent the dump file to svq@makemkv.com

Update: It's been a week and it's still giving the exact same error.
peter-a

Post by peter-a »

Would anyone happen to have any information on the issue I'm encountering? It's been a month and I still can't rip this video.

Thank you.
iFrog

Post by iFrog »

Hey all, this is slightly off topic for this thread, but not too far off as it still involves the AVATAR series, and if there is a better thread of this, please feel free to move it there.

I own the Extended collector's edition which has the three versions of the film on Blu-ray. I ripped the Extended version from that and everything is fine. When the first AVATAR got the 4k release, of course they also include a standard BD. For the original theatrical release of Avatar, would there be any reason to rip the new copy over my existing one, IF I decided to add the theatrical release in addition to the extended?
Just curious on thoughts, and as mentioned, even though this is an AVATAR based thread, if there is a better one for this question, please fee free to move it.

polskasubie

Post by polskasubie »

peter-a wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:54 am
Would anyone happen to have any information on the issue I'm encountering? It's been a month and I still can't rip this video.

Thank you.
you can try these steps as others have had the issue...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24711
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

peter-a wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:46 pm
I have a 4K copy of Avatar: The Way of Water - Ultimate Collector's Edition that's not ripping for me. Other 4K movies rip fine, as does the Blu-Ray disk that's in the set. Here's what gets displayed when I try to open the disk:

MakeMKV v1.17.4 win(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=866A98CB9C4E)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\Peter/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.

Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\Peter/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_Avatar-_The_Way_of_Water_9CF2.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I tried the DNS flush but it didn't help and "Enable Internet Access" is enabled. There doesn't seem to be any current information on the hostname for the HK download in the UHD FAQ but I'm getting 185.84.108.20 for hkdata.fairuse.org, and I can get to the website.

How can I get this to rip?

In case it's actually a key issue, I sent the dump file to svq@makemkv.com

Update: It's been a week and it's still giving the exact same error.
There is your problem. Makemkv needs to have Internet access enabled. View - Preferences General. Check the box.