Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rosavanwinkle

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by rosavanwinkle »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:29 pm
so the command that im using in ffmpeg is not working....
Do as @Gatorman suggested and use my script...
everything is automated, you don't have to mess with cmd-lines anymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUAeltL62s8
does this also work for profile 8.1?
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 pm

does this also work for profile 8.1?
the video is a profile 7 to profile 8.1 conversion
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

i accidently closed tsmuxer after it was done in the CMD with your script
is this the right settings to convert after its done with the cmd stuff? or do i change anything else?
https://i.imgur.com/vKUgq1Z.png
plex pass user
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:27 am
i accidently closed tsmuxer after it was done in the CMD with your script
is this the right settings to convert after its done with the cmd stuff? or do i change anything else?
https://i.imgur.com/vKUgq1Z.png
it doesnt matter if you close tsmuxer without muxing. the P8 file is still in your output folder.
But since you're using a shield, you should edit the bat file and change the muxer to mkvtoolnix.

DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:18 pm
jayper wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:13 pm
I appreciate your responding and all the time you've put into this thread and the tools! Much appreciated.

I am still a bit confused... Perhaps I'm misinterpreting things, but the version I have is cropped, meaning there are no black bars in the web-dl. The resolution is 3840x1606. I just demuxed it again and extracted the RPU, and when reading the RPU there is L5 section and no active area offsets. Perhaps I am missing something, or I got a bad release? Thanks again.
Ah I didnt know there was another p5 web-dl version. Then yes you have to edit L5.

the webdl i was talking about:

Code: Select all

Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.2@Main
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 2 h 36 min
Bit rate : 23.2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 0)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.117
Stream size : 25.3 GiB (97%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1
Encoded date : UTC 2022-03-02 18:06:45
Tagged date : UTC 2022-03-02 18:13:15
Color range : Full
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC
The web-dl I have needs a cut at the beginning to match the length of the UHD BD but I haven’t had time to work out how much to cut and how best to do it.
comorla45

Post by comorla45 »

@gacopl I had no time to run your tool, so maybe you can answer me here. Does your scrip create MP4 that is hybrid format? I mean, DV+HDR10 compatible, so devices with no DV support will still run HDR10? Thanks.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

Your tool worked perfect in combination with your video thank you very much.
i do have one question that might be a hardware issue or setting on my end i messed up
playing the movie with truehd will not activate the dolby vision,it goes to hdr,but when i select the ac-3 audio layer it will use dolby vision
plex pass user
jayper

Post by jayper »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:58 am
RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:18 pm
jayper wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:13 pm
I appreciate your responding and all the time you've put into this thread and the tools! Much appreciated.

I am still a bit confused... Perhaps I'm misinterpreting things, but the version I have is cropped, meaning there are no black bars in the web-dl. The resolution is 3840x1606. I just demuxed it again and extracted the RPU, and when reading the RPU there is L5 section and no active area offsets. Perhaps I am missing something, or I got a bad release? Thanks again.
Ah I didnt know there was another p5 web-dl version. Then yes you have to edit L5.

the webdl i was talking about:

Code: Select all

Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.2@Main
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 2 h 36 min
Bit rate : 23.2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 0)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.117
Stream size : 25.3 GiB (97%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1
Encoded date : UTC 2022-03-02 18:06:45
Tagged date : UTC 2022-03-02 18:13:15
Color range : Full
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC
The web-dl I have needs a cut at the beginning to match the length of the UHD BD but I haven’t had time to work out how much to cut and how best to do it.
Open both the web-dl and the HDR10 mkv (made with MakeMKV) in StaxRip. Then preview both versions of the film. Find the exact same frame in the film, in both files, and note which number of the frame it is frame for each version. If the web-dl is longer, subtract the total frames from the UHD/mkv from the total frames of the web-dl. Write this number down. You will use this number to remove frames from the web-dl, but note, that frame removal is inclusive so you must enter the number that is one less than the frame difference you calculated. So, if for example: [Frame number of web-dl] - [Frame number of UHD/mkv] = difference in frames. Then you take this number and subtract one.

There was a tutorial video that was shared that outlined the process, check it out here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... nKkuCEGqg4

Please note, in that video, frames are being ADDED. Your process will be roughly the same, except you will be choosing to add frames rather than remove them.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:42 am
i do have one question that might be a hardware issue or setting on my end i messed up
playing the movie with truehd will not activate the dolby vision,it goes to hdr,but when i select the ac-3 audio layer it will use dolby vision
I don't know... what container did you use? shield? which app...

last time I checked, MKV DV + TrueHD works on PLEX/Shield.

jayper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:23 pm
There was a tutorial video that was shared that outlined the process, check it out here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... nKkuCEGqg4
I'll redo that video because it is outdated and there is an error in it... I treated the frame duplication as inclusive when it's not. Only the frames removal is inclusive.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:16 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:

i use the plex app straight from the android store,server is on a seedbox but even on my normal pc plex server it uses hdr with truehd,maybe its a setting i wronged in either mkvtoolnix,plex server settings/plex player settings
plex pass user
Obliver

Post by Obliver »

Hello, I've been trying to use @RESET_9999 's script to convert a P7 DT-DL Blu Ray (Game of Thrones new DV BD set) into P8 + DDP_1536kbps with this option. Thing is, I think it's failing because the files have their #1 audio track as DD and the #2 one as THD w/ Atmos, instead of being the other way around. Here's a snap of from mediainfo.

Now, I think in order to fix this I would just need to swap around the track number that the script points to. But I don't really know what exactly it is I need to change, although I've figured it must be somewhere in this part.

Could anyone give me a hand with this?

Also wanted to check if this would be the easiest way to convert these files in order to play them with DV on the Plex app of my LG C1 OLED.

Thanks!
Last edited by Obliver on Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Obliver wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:07 am
Hello, I've been trying to use @RESET_9999 's script to convert a P7 DT-DL Blu Ray (Game of Thrones new DV BD set) into P8 + DDP_1536kbps with this option. Thing is, I think it's failing because the files have their #1 audio track as DD and the #2 one as THD w/ Atmos, instead of being the other way around. Here's a snap of from mediainfo.
Thanks!
Yes, my script expects a TrueHD audio as track number 3 and it doesnt even work with the DTS fam . I will add more audio support eventually.

Because the script use tsmuxer to demux bluray disc , it's a bit tricky to make the change here. I'm looking at maybe switching to DGdemux.

You could rip all the episodes to MKV P7 + atmos and then use the "Workflow.2= P7 ST-DL to P8 + DDP_1536kbps"
Obliver wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:07 am
Also wanted to check if this would be the easiest way to convert this files in order to play them with DV on the Plex app of my LG C1 OLED.
Yep, P8 + DDP 1536kbps is the way to go on LG OLED TVs
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

For our convenience, Rocky has built thdmerge into latest DGDemux 1.0.0.60. After demux you'll have gap-processed thd, ac3 and thd+ac3 tracks. It obviously hasn't the "Do not split THD" option anymore. Gap-processed THD+AC3 is not a one-pass run; after having gap-processed and demuxing the elementary streams, during a second run the ac3 and thd will be interleaved.

Of course the cli tool thdmerge.exe will still be at our disposal for manually interleaving any ac3 with thd. Which latest version you'll find in the DGDemux download.

http://rationalqm.us/dgdemux/binaries/
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:16 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:

jayper wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:23 pm
I'll redo that video because it is outdated and there is an error in it... I treated the frame duplication as inclusive when it's not. Only the frames removal is inclusive.
I’ve tried this as per the video but I get the error invalid MKV, no other information. The p7 is muxed by makemkv from the UHD and the P5 is a d I s n e y Webdl.

Is there a detailed log I can produce?

Thank you.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:21 pm
I’ve tried this as per the video but I get the error invalid MKV, no other information. The p7 is muxed by makemkv from the UHD and the P5 is a d I s n e y Webdl.
Is there a detailed log I can produce?
Thank you.
Which workflow exactly ? there could be a typo.
Also, if you select a workflow that converts THD and your mkv doesn't contain THD, it will fail.

but why do you want to inject DV if your bluray remux is P7 ?