Really strange hdmi sync ONLY with The Martian UHD rip.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Lakskdfb

Really strange hdmi sync ONLY with The Martian UHD rip.

Post by Lakskdfb »

I have ripped 45 UHD discs with my drive and they have been perfect. Then I went to watch the Martian and at certain points, the audio would cut out and then it would be out of sync by 2-5 seconds. I had to then force an hdmi sync again.

I know it’s the file because if I rewind, it happens at the same exact place. There were about 15 locations that did this and only this file.

Anyone know what happened? Makemkv didn’t have any errors.

This is being played from my synology nas on my shield using the truehd atmos track. Again, literally every other file was fine.
jayper

Re: Really strange hdmi sync ONLY with The Martian UHD rip.

Post by jayper »

Probably this issue: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17597
AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

I assume that you were watching the extended cut of the movie through Plex. There is an ongoing issue with Plex and TrueHD track in extended cut MKV file made from a disc with dynamic branching (1 disc contains multiple cuts). The sound will get out of sync at each branching point as you described.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Lakskdfb

Post by Lakskdfb »

AngryVirginian wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:17 pm
I assume that you were watching the extended cut of the movie through Plex. There is an ongoing issue with Plex and TrueHD track in extended cut MKV file made from a disc with dynamic branching (1 disc contains multiple cuts). The sound will get out of sync at each branching point as you described.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yes! Perfect that’s exactly what it is. Thanks for letting me rest now that I know the root cause.
AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

Other 4K discs with same issue
  • Hellboy
  • F9
  • The Natural
  • Halloween Kills
There may also be others. The issue is with Plex and not MakeMkv as the same files play fine on my Zidoo device.