Have not mkv'ed 4K's in a while...

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
IHearIT

Have not mkv'ed 4K's in a while...

Post by IHearIT »

So tonight I decided to mkv my resent purchased 4K's for my Plex Server. I've mkv'ed many 4K's of mine in the past with my same setup with no problem. But when I started to do so my current version of MarkMKV (v1.5.x), it kept failing to open disc from the pre-scan. So I downloaded the newest version of MakeMKV, but still get the same error. None of the 4K DVDs will open from the pre-scan process. I decided to try a UHD that I successfully did in the past but it too comes up with the same pre-scan error. I kind of remember something about a KEYDB.cfg but can't remember and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Any help would be appreciated. Below is an example of the pre-scan:
Attachments
pre-scan2.JPG
pre-scan2.JPG (92.29 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
MartyMcNuts

Re: Have not mkv'ed 4K's in a while...

Post by MartyMcNuts »

IHearIT wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:11 am
So tonight I decided to mkv my resent purchased 4K's for my Plex Server. I've mkv'ed many 4K's of mine in the past with my same setup with no problem. But when I started to do so my current version of MarkMKV (v1.5.x), it kept failing to open disc from the pre-scan. So I downloaded the newest version of MakeMKV, but still get the same error. None of the 4K DVDs will open from the pre-scan process. I decided to try a UHD that I successfully did in the past but it too comes up with the same pre-scan error. I kind of remember something about a KEYDB.cfg but can't remember and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Any help would be appreciated. Below is an example of the pre-scan:
Have you enabled "Enable Internet access" in preferences so the hashed keys can be downloaded?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
IHearIT

Post by IHearIT »

Thanks for your response: Yes below is a screen shot. I also updated the frimware think that maybe an issue but still get the same message.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (33.88 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
IHearIT

Post by IHearIT »

OK... I'm an idiot. So not doing this for so long... I just realized by looking at preferences (Thanks McNut's for pointing me to preferences!), my drive letters had changed and it was using a drive drive letter no longer assigned in my computer for the "MakeMKV data directory" Total error on my part. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.
Last edited by IHearIT on Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
exitguy

Post by exitguy »

IHearIT wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:47 am
OK... I'm an idiot. So not doing this for so long... I just realized by looking at preferences (Thanks McNut's for pointing me to preferences!), my drive letters had changed and it was using the MakeMKV data folder as a drive letter no longer assigned in my computer. Total error on my part. So for wasting anyone's time.
Same happened to me, so I setup a MakeMVKDataDirectory folder under Documents and use that as it will stay there for ever and a day.