Black Widow

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Black Widow

Post by SamuriHL »

There's really no set time. Mike has to go through each of them and generate the key for the online database and while he tries to be very responsive and get them done quickly, he does (appear) to have a life outside MakeMKV. :D And no one should begrudge him that. Sometimes we've seen it take over 8 weeks for a title to appear. It's just a matter of when he can get to it. Remember that MakeMKV is just him. It's not some big megacorporation with 1000 interns answering the dump emails all day. :)
spl147

Post by spl147 »

SamuriHL wrote:There's really no set time. Mike has to go through each of them and generate the key for the online database and while he tries to be very responsive and get them done quickly, he does (appear) to have a life outside MakeMKV. :D And no one should begrudge him that. Sometimes we've seen it take over 8 weeks for a title to appear. It's just a matter of when he can get to it. Remember that MakeMKV is just him. It's not some big megacorporation with 1000 interns answering the dump emails all day. :)
Very well said
dante01

Post by dante01 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:13 pm
There's really no set time. Mike has to go through each of them and generate the key for the online database and while he tries to be very responsive and get them done quickly, he does (appear) to have a life outside MakeMKV. :D And no one should begrudge him that. Sometimes we've seen it take over 8 weeks for a title to appear. It's just a matter of when he can get to it. Remember that MakeMKV is just him. It's not some big megacorporation with 1000 interns answering the dump emails all day. :)

Indeed and do hope it is as you've suggested, that he is well and that he continues to both have a happy existence outside of the MakeMKV eco system as well has still being able to commit his valuable attentions to it :)
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Well as there seems to be quite a few touchy people on this forum I will make this my last post and as one of them said use another program I already do. I was going to say more but I realise it's a waste of time .
Just one last thing I do know that Mike does have a life outside MakeMkv and to infer I didn't is completely wrong.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

charlie62 wrote:Well as there seems to be quite a few touchy people on this forum I will make this my last post and as one of them said use another program I already do. I was going to say more but I realise it's a waste of time .
Just one last thing I do know that Mike does have a life outside MakeMkv and to infer I didn't is completely wrong.
We are not touchy we are just over the people that seem to think mike sits at home just waiting for a new disc to hit his inbox so he can decrypt it.
dragoryte1

Post by dragoryte1 »

So I understand that Mike has a life. Riddle me this, if I made an investment into this product, why should I wait weeks for a key to be generated? If I were using this product for free, I wouldn't have many expectations. The moment there is a donation or paid-for model, there is a rightful assumption that the product has a support model. I have also invested in the competitor, guess who was able to decrypt my Black Widow disc for me as soon as I opened the box...and who still has no key.

Get better or stop offering for people to support a product that clearly does not have a support model. Stop making excuses.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

dragoryte1 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 pm
So I understand that Mike has a life. Riddle me this, if I made an investment into this product, why should I wait weeks for a key to be generated? If I were using this product for free, I wouldn't have many expectations. The moment there is a donation or paid-for model, there is a rightful assumption that the product has a support model. I have also invested in the competitor, guess who was able to decrypt my Black Widow disc for me as soon as I opened the box...and who still has no key.

Get better or stop offering for people to support a product that clearly does not have a support model. Stop making excuses.
if you have been around this forum for any amount of time and did a shread of research. you would know this is how it is!!! there are a ton of us that have paid for the software. none of us are bitching about it. these are not excuses, these are the facts!!!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Can you point to the part in your purchase agreement where it said you are ENTITLED to immediate updates? I'll wait....
spl147

Post by spl147 »

SamuriHL wrote:Can you point to the part in your purchase agreement where it said you are ENTITLED to immediate updates? I'll wait....
Exactly!!!!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

And....new keys just got released. This one should be re-checked by those who were waiting for keys.
dante01

Post by dante01 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 pm
And....new keys just got released. This one should be re-checked by those who were waiting for keys.

I'm now able to access the disc so issue resolved.

Thanks for the heads up and thanks to Mike for his hard work :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Awesome glad it's working.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

uhdlover

Post by uhdlover »

Another big thanks to Mike!!
XrayDoc88

Post by XrayDoc88 »

Has anyone been able to rip the 4K versions of Black Widow or Cruella? Mine isn't working. Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Since multiple people have reported being able to rip Black Widow UHD in the last few days, knowing what error messages you're getting would be helpful.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging