What Is The Best Way To Play Dolby Vision On LG CX?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SeaZe

What Is The Best Way To Play Dolby Vision On LG CX?

Post by SeaZe »

Hi I have read a lot about how to get Dolby Vision with FEL to play on my LG CX. It seems like the internal player of LG CX can only play Dolby Vision with MEL and not FEL is this true? Also what filetypes can it play, can the LG CX play mkv with Dolby Vision MEL? Will the LG CX’s internal player never be able to play Dolby vision with FEL?

If the internal player is not the way to go would I have to get the x700 to play Dolby Vision with FEL, or could some of these chinese oppo clones do it? Which one should I get, would the M9702 v3 be able to play Dolby Vision FEL with lossless audio? I saw one that costs 50 dollars on ebay is this legit? Where can I see what devices play Dolby Vision with FEL and the filetypes supported?

I’m new to the scene and just got my LG CX a few weeks ago would really appericiate if somebody could answer my questions. I feel like it is so hard to get information on this stuff compared to other tech stuff. There is just this and avforums that talk about it
Cannikin

Re: What Is The Best Way To Play Dolby Vision On LG CX?

Post by Cannikin »

I'm using a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro (running Plex) and have been playing DV MKVs on my CX for months! It's the only way to fly. :)