"LibreDrive compatible drive is required..." [solved]

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
fitbrit

"LibreDrive compatible drive is required..." [solved]

Post by fitbrit »

Someone I know is having this issue:

"LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Backup failed"

But as you can see from the screenshot, the drive is LibreDrive enabled.

The next disc he tried, he got:
"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Backup failed"
Screenshot 2021-02-01 19.05.28.png
Screenshot 2021-02-01 19.05.28.png (3.18 MiB) Viewed 9657 times
Any idea what could be up?

EDIT: He just told me he didn't try restarting his system, so I asked him to do that. And of course, it works as expected now. Sorry for the wild goose chase, and thanks for all responses.
Last edited by fitbrit on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: "LibreDrive compatible drive is required..." but this IS a LibreDrive enabled drive

Post by Woodstock »

Did he send the .tgz file created to svq@makemkv.com so that it can be processed?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MartyMcNuts

Re: "LibreDrive compatible drive is required..." but this IS a LibreDrive enabled drive

Post by MartyMcNuts »

fitbrit wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:30 am
Someone I know is having this issue:

"LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Backup failed"

The next disc he tried, he got:
"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Backup failed"
Screenshot 2021-02-01 19.05.28.png

Any idea what could be up?

EDIT: He just told me he didn't try restarting his system, so I am asking him to do that. If it works, I'll delete the post. If it doesn't, I'll delete the edit.
Have you got "Allow access to server" checked in preferences? MakeMKV needs internet access to be able to download the hashed keys.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

fitbrit wrote:
Backup failed"

I don't think that drive is LibreDrive enabled, according to the screen shot. It certainly can be, but it currently isn't. It if was enabled, the 'Firmware type:' line would say Patched (microcode access re-enabled) instead of Original (unpatched).
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

dcoke22 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:06 am
fitbrit wrote:
Backup failed"

I don't think that drive is LibreDrive enabled, according to the screen shot. It certainly can be, but it currently isn't. It if was enabled, the 'Firmware type:' line would say Patched (microcode access re-enabled) instead of Original (unpatched).
No, the original WH16NS40 1.02 firmware is already LD enabled. Just like the original BH16NS55 1.02 is LD enabled. There are quite a few original unpatched firmwares that are LD enabled.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
fitbrit

Post by fitbrit »

Thanks all. A simple restart fixed the issue, and I apologise that I didn't ensure he did this first.