Multiple Pixar UHDs - volume key unknown

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
hamsterdance

Multiple Pixar UHDs - volume key unknown

Post by hamsterdance »

I bought the 4K box set of Pixar films in December. Four of them - Toy Story; Monsters Inc; Cars 3; and The Incredibles - would not decrypt. I duly submitted the dumps (in a single email) to svq@makemkv.com, and waited.

They still won't decrypt. I resubmitted the dumps a little under a week ago (one email per dump), just in case there was an issue with four dumps being submitted in a single email.

I'm wondering if there might have been an issue with the dumps, or if there's just a delay in working through to find the volume keys for these discs for some reason. Any suggestions/thoughts? MakeMKV 1.15.3 and 1.15.4 on macOS, if it makes any difference.

Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Multiple Pixar UHDs - volume key unknown

Post by Woodstock »

When you start up MakeMKV, does it report any errors with retrieving the hash key file?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hamsterdance

Post by hamsterdance »

No issues retrieving the hash key file. I deleted _private_data.tar from the MakeMKV directory, launched MakeMKV, and kicked off a backup of a 4K disc that I'd previously successfully backed up. It downloaded the hash keys just fine. Trying to backup one of the four Pixar discs continued to fail.
hamsterdance

Post by hamsterdance »

Resubmitted (for the second time - so the third submission) about a week ago, and they're ripping fine now. Thanks.