Make MKV download

Old, outdated, resolved and locked topics end up here...

Moderator: mike admin

moose5267

Make MKV download

Post by moose5267 »

what is going on with the latest version? I have downloaded and installed it so many times it is not funny, but every time I do, it keeps saying this version is too old and then you cant do anything with it. It just stops and closes.

Why cant you make a version that just keeps on running at the version level it is at... so what if you don't support it anymore.. at least it works... unlike this latest version which is just giving me that absolute shits.. coz I have done it so many times before.. keep deleting, downloading latest version and resinstalling... then it works for the 60 days or whatever it is.. then this happens and your latest version 1.8.11...well that is the latest that I can see, even through google search...

and no matter what.. it wont install.. I have deleted it via control panel.. deleted any files that hang around after such a deletion, coz we know that that never gets rid of everything anyway...

can anybody offer any assistance ?

Woodstock

Re: Make MKV download

Post by Woodstock »

Normally, there are updates every month or so. The beta test key is good for about 2 months. The one in 1.8.11 expired at the end of July, but Mike doesn't have an update to the program yet.

That is why there is a message in the Announcements section, with the subject like "MakeMKV free during beta", that contains the latest beta test key, even though the message SAYS it is several years old.

http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
moose5267

Re: Make MKV download

Post by moose5267 »

thanks Woodstock..

good on you..cheers