Registration problem

Old, outdated, resolved and locked topics end up here...

Moderator: mike admin

conrailguy

Registration problem

Post by conrailguy »

On 5-11-2019,I purchased a registration key through GuinpinSoft for lifetime activation.For some reason when I enter activation code it says invalid?I have tried numerous times and no joy.Can you please send it again or offer any assistance?
Thanks for any assistance!
Woodstock

Re: Registration problem

Post by Woodstock »

What I have often found with emailed registrations is that formatting codes get embedded in your copy/paste data. Make sure you're pasting JUST THE TEXT part of the registration key, and not the formatting used within the email.

Often Ctrl-Shift-V works, but sometimes I've had to paste the code into a text-based app (NOTEPAD works on Windows), then copy it again to paste into the program. This isn't limited to MakeMKV. It would be nice if programs ignored the non-alphabetic data in strings...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
conrailguy

Re: Registration problem

Post by conrailguy »

What I have often found with emailed registrations is that formatting codes get embedded in your copy/paste data. Make sure you're pasting JUST THE TEXT part of the registration key, and not the formatting used within the email.

Often Ctrl-Shift-V works, but sometimes I've had to paste the code into a text-based app (NOTEPAD works on Windows), then copy it again to paste into the program. This isn't limited to MakeMKV. It would be nice if programs ignored the non-alphabetic data in strings...
Thanks for the reply Woodstock,I even tried entering the whole string manually,checked it 3 times to make sure I copied it correctly.Keep getting the Invalid error?I am at a loss.