Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
rc4ester

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester »

Woodstock wrote:The link in my message is to the message that links to the linux version. Guess I was too subtle, by not listing the URL "bare"... :)

Not sure why Mike doesn't have it on the main download page, except maybe that it isn't a "ready-to-run" version... You have to compile it for your distribution.
Ok, I'll see what I can figure out.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Hello everyone,

I am nearly done with my .Net version of Movies2MKV Converter. I need some testers to help find bugs in the application. If you are interested in testing the .Net version, please PM me and I will send you a link to download the application. Once it's working well, then I can put it out there for everyone to use.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Hello everyone, please give my .Net version a try

Looking for anyone who would like to test out the .Net version of my application.

.Net Movies2MKV Converter
forcealmighty

Post by forcealmighty »

I just installed it on my Windows 7 machine. Install went ok. Find movies, not so much. I'm getting a "Find Movies failure" dialog box. Inside the dialog box it says, "Find movies failed to complete processing. Please check event log for more details."
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

forcealmighty wrote:I just installed it on my Windows 7 machine. Install went ok. Find movies, not so much. I'm getting a "Find Movies failure" dialog box. Inside the dialog box it says, "Find movies failed to complete processing. Please check event log for more details."
You have MakeMKV installed (I assume)? Did you look at the log to see what the error said, if so, could you let me know what it says?
forcealmighty

Post by forcealmighty »

Yes, I have MakeMKV installed, v1.9.9. The log of Movies2MKV? Not sure how to pull those.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

forcealmighty wrote:Yes, I have MakeMKV installed, v1.9.9. The log of Movies2MKV? Not sure how to pull those.
It's in the event logs in Windows. You can also get to it by choosing file->View log file in the application itself. There are 3 log files in the event viewer to pay attention to.
  1. M2MConvertLog
  2. M2MFindLog
  3. M2MLog
I believe the error will be in either the M2MFindLog or M2MLog or both.
jdgstat

Post by jdgstat »

How well does the .NET version work? I need to convert a bunch of VOB files/folders to MKV for the same reason (to use PLEX). Would this software be my best bet or is there another software that I should use? I have a ton of movies in VOB format, so I'd rather automate the process instead of doing them 1 by 1.

If it matters/helps, I have a paid version of MakeMKV and not just the 30 day trial.

Thanks!
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

jdgstat wrote:How well does the .NET version work? I need to convert a bunch of VOB files/folders to MKV for the same reason (to use PLEX). Would this software be my best bet or is there another software that I should use? I have a ton of movies in VOB format, so I'd rather automate the process instead of doing them 1 by 1.

If it matters/helps, I have a paid version of MakeMKV and not just the 30 day trial.

Thanks!
jdgstat,

Yes, this program should work very well for you. I've been able to rip and process hundreds of DVDs, so I would think it would work just fine. My .Net version is the most recently updated. Please give it a try and let me know if you have any issues. I will not be able to work on the program for another week or two, but let me know what I can do to make it better.
etc6849

Post by etc6849 »

I tested this on a single ISO, and it worked great! Had a few questions before setting it to convert all my ISOs...

Does this support HD DVD iso's at all?

Also, is it possible to use the metadata to rename the mkv instead of the iso volume name like the makemkv GUI does?

Lastly, does it have to make a sub directory matching the volume name? Just want an mkv file in the same folder as the iso, but want the iso left for now.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

etc6849 wrote:I tested this on a single ISO, and it worked great! Had a few questions before setting it to convert all my ISOs...

Also, is it possible to use the metadata to rename the mkv instead of the iso volume name like the makemkv GUI does?

Lastly, does it have to make a sub directory matching the volume name? Just want an mkv file in the same folder as the iso, but want the iso left for now.

As long as MakeMKV supports HD DVD, I think that we can make it work in the tool. However, I have no way to test the HD DVD portion.

Yes, I could make it work with the metadata as well.

It doesn't have to make sub directories, I current have it defaulted to the Plex file formatting. I believe you can change that in the tools -> options dialog box. Select the Input/Ouput formatting tab then select Basic format instead of Plex format. I will have to look into making it work with MakeMKV default metadata.

Just curious, which version are you using .Net or Java?
etc6849

Post by etc6849 »

Your windows version. As far as filenames all I need is:
movie name (year).mkv

The year is for some movies that might have two names. I use KODI, but it's a pretty standard way to do the naming.

Haven't looked into tv show naming, but don't mind doing that manually. I used to use my movies and WMC, but originally left the volume name of the discs I ripped. I see how stupid that was now!
rc4ester wrote:
etc6849 wrote:I tested this on a single ISO, and it worked great! Had a few questions before setting it to convert all my ISOs...

As long as MakeMKV supports HD DVD, I think that we can make it work in the tool. However, I have no way to test the HD DVD portion.

It doesn't have to make sub directories, I current have it defaulted to the Plex file formatting. I believe you can change that in the tools -> options dialog box. Select the Input/Ouput formatting tab then select Basic format instead of Plex format. I will have to look into making it work with MakeMKV default metadata.

etc6849

Post by etc6849 »

Oops, The year is for some movies that might have several versions in the imdb and is for disambiguation.
etc6849 wrote:Your windows version. As far as filenames all I need is:
movie name (year).mkv

The year is for some movies that might have two names. I use KODI, but it's a pretty standard way to do the naming.

Haven't looked into tv show naming, but don't mind doing that manually. I used to use my movies and WMC, but originally left the volume name of the discs I ripped. I see how stupid that was now!
rc4ester wrote:

rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

etc6849 wrote:Your windows version. As far as filenames all I need is:
movie name (year).mkv

rc4ester wrote:

I'll add the Kodi standards to the application. Might take a while, since I am in the process of moving. I'll see what I can do
gerritv

Post by gerritv »

I am about to test your .NET version. First observation is that it doesn't allow network paths, e.g. \\server. I will install on my 2012 R2 Essentials server and go from there.

Thanks for developing this, I have a lot of movies to convert to .mkv