Really need to reconstitute a working ssif file

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
kjhgshadow

Really need to reconstitute a working ssif file

Post by kjhgshadow »

I just bought a 2013 Samsung Smart TV and I'm trying to get full 3D working. When sending files by UPNP I can't get makemkv generated mkv's working in 3D on the TV.

Using a recontructed ssif file renamed with a mp4 extension works. It started the video and auto switched the TV to 3D mode and I was great for about 20 seconds then the video stutters and freezes.

So I need to know the proper way to reconstitute the full working ssif file.

Here is what I used to try making the file from the ssif.smap file from my decrypted backup.

Code: Select all

cat 00800.ssif.smap | sed 's/ /\)\) \(\(0x/g' | sed s/m2ts\)\)\ /m2ts\ skip\=\$/ | sed s/\.\.\\//dd\ if\=/ | sed 's/)) /)) count=$/g' | sed 's/$/\)\) \>\> \~\/test.ssif/' > make.ssif.sh
example of the script that creates

dd if=01090.m2ts skip=$((0x00000000)) count=$((0x00000C60)) >> ~/test.ssif
dd if=00800.m2ts skip=$((0x00000000)) count=$((0x00001CE0)) >> ~/test.ssif
dd if=01090.m2ts skip=$((0x00000C60)) count=$((0x00000C60)) >> ~/test.ssif
dd if=00800.m2ts skip=$((0x00001CE0)) count=$((0x00001620)) >> ~/test.ssif
dd if=01090.m2ts skip=$((0x000018C0)) count=$((0x00000C60)) >> ~/test.ssif
My best guess considering I could find no info actually explaining those numbers is that they are hex so I'm just converting them to decimal for the dd command. I'm guessing that is wrong but no amount of Googling is giving me a explantion of the smap file makemkv creates.

Most of my info used to do this.
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3455

Also I just noticed that only 11GB was actually in the output file so something is stopping it early. But no errors showed in the terminal.
kjhgshadow

Re: Really need to reconstitute a working ssif file

Post by kjhgshadow »

Anyone? I really need this. I tried another movie with the same command and got a little better results, this time a 11 minute output with only a few seconds of pausing at the six minute mark which stopped and then frequent pausing for the last couple minutes. But enough working time to see that my TV works with ssif files.

I'm running straight Linux in my house so have no other options them makemkv for ripping my discs.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

If it is still relevant, these are hex numbers in sectors, i.e. bs=2048
kjhgshadow

Post by kjhgshadow »

Thanks, of course it is still relevant. I tested it with bs=2048 and it worked great. I restored a working ssif for the full Transformers 3 movie and tested it with my TV spot jumping around all the way until the credits with no problems.

Your help is appreciated because in my house everything runs Linux and it made it impossible to use a 3D Blu-ray disc since nothing can watch your MVC mkvs and it is not possible to even transcode to HSBS

Edit: now my main problem is doing seamless branching movies
kjhgshadow

Post by kjhgshadow »

For anyone that may want it, here is a more complete and working command that outputs a shell script to remake the ssif. It doesn't work for seamless branching but fine for others.

Meant to be run from the STREAM folder, just change the smap number and ssif file output location to meet your needs

sed -e '/^\#/d' -e '/^$/d' -e 's/ /)) ((0x/g' -e 's/m2ts)) /m2ts bs=2048 skip=$/' -e 's/..\//dd if=/' -e 's/)) /)) count=$/g' -e 's/$/)) >> ~\/media\/3dvideo.ssif/' -e '0,/>>/ s//>/' SSIF/00800.ssif.smap > /tmp/remake.ssif.sh
then just run "sh /tmp/remake.ssif.sh"
I don't know what to do for any branching.
MatthieuM

Post by MatthieuM »

Thanks for this post...will try it out.

Don't suppose you have a better solution that resolves branching since making your last post ?

Looking at reconstructing said from ssif.map with a view to rebuild original ISO udf....

You post is the best one I can find.

Thanks.