MakeMKV Batch Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Chetwood

Re: MakeMKV Batch Converter

Post by Chetwood »

Sure, you're using the 2.1.0 version? It writes to my output directory just fine.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Bahndit

Post by Bahndit »

Under the "Advanced" tab it says "Version 2.1.0". I am trying to run it on a Windows 8.1 machine does anyone know if that would cause any problems?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Nope, I'm on 8.1 as well.
Bahndit

Post by Bahndit »

Chetwood,

You don't have a copy of the installer that you used to install the Batch Converter do you? I desperately want to use the application as it would save me a ton of time but I am a bit befuddled as to why it won't work for me. Any other thoughts or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

-Bahndit
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I've done an MD5 check on both my downloaded file and the one available from the first post of this thread and they're identical. I've also successfully tried both naming options, DVDNAME_OUTPUT_EXAMPLE and Keep original filename. What I do is, save from disk A to disk B and the output dir is the root directory. Maybe this will work for you too?
Bahndit

Post by Bahndit »

I will give that a go and see what happens
Bahndit

Post by Bahndit »

Well it still didn't work. I am very confused why this application works for some and not for others.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Me too. Is your .net version up to date?
krem8tr

Post by krem8tr »

First let me say this has been an excellent tool for helping me move things over to Plex. I do have an issue and maybe someone can help. Is there anyway to get the software to recognize *.ifo files that are not contained in a video_ts folder? For XBMC I had things set up as movies\blah blah\(file). The only way the software will see the movie is if I create a video_ts folder and place everything in it. Any ideas?
watchy

Post by watchy »

krem8tr wrote:First let me say this has been an excellent tool for helping me move things over to Plex. I do have an issue and maybe someone can help. Is there anyway to get the software to recognize *.ifo files that are not contained in a video_ts folder? For XBMC I had things set up as movies\blah blah\(file). The only way the software will see the movie is if I create a video_ts folder and place everything in it. Any ideas?

I don't think it will do that and from what I can tell the development on this stopped. You might want to check the other program Movies2MKV in this post http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8010

The author has added a few features for me and he may add any features you want to it. I've had great luck with the program.
tstorzuk

Post by tstorzuk »

Wasabi wrote:4) When adding ISO files, the extension must be lowercase. It simply won't add something like IRONSIDE_D1.ISO
I concur, this error has happened with me. I wondered why when adding ISO files I was only getting about 10 out of 683 titles.

However, even when trying to run those 10 titles I got an error

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	makemkv batch converter.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:	52292689
  Problem Signature 04:	mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:	4.0.30319.17929
  Problem Signature 06:	4ffa561c
  Problem Signature 07:	465d
  Problem Signature 08:	6c
  Problem Signature 09:	System.IO.PathTooLongException
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
This is obviously a Windows error, based on the file path/s being too long. But I didn't think that either of the paths were actually long at all.

Source path (network drive);
X:\ISO DVD\(FILES)

Destination path (network drive);
Z:\MKV Temp\(FILES)

Any ideas how to rectify this issue?
tstorzuk

Post by tstorzuk »

Ok, well I used Oscar's File Renamer to rename all of my *.ISO files to *.iso, and they were added into the interface.

I also changed the output directory from;
Z:\MKV Temp\(FILES)

to the root;
Z:\(FILES)

And it actually started to work on the first file. However a few seconds later it crashed again;

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	makemkvcon.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	53a064f1
  Fault Module Name:	msvcrt.dll
  Fault Module Version:	7.0.7601.17744
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4eeaf722
  Exception Code:	c00000fd
  Exception Offset:	0000cd12
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	e5b0
  Additional Information 2:	e5b0a9ac3d0e1ad84e2fa64b6eb4b707
  Additional Information 3:	beae
  Additional Information 4:	beae88e9494a809416d256a51f0f5827

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
So I'll have to see if anyone else has come across this error and what they did to remedy it.
tstorzuk

Post by tstorzuk »

OK, I think I got it.

The computer that I was running the batch process on had no free HDD space left at all (It has a 60Gig SSD drive only). So I had to delete some files, then some programs and was able to free up ~900mb of space. It's now running and on the second file.

So, if the computer that you're running the batch program is full, make some space on it. It wants to write a log file!!!! DOH!!!

I'll report back after it has completed running the 683 titles that I have in my ISO directory. Then I'll move on to the other folders that I have full DVD and BRD rips.

Thanks for the program!!!
tstorzuk

Post by tstorzuk »

jbowens wrote:My C: drive is a small and already loaded up SSD
I had a problem with my C:\ being full. I had to make room on it as the batch processor requires room on the C:\ to create log files and temporary files. I cleaned up about 900mb of room and it started working for me.

I know it's tough to find files that you want to delete off your C:\. It took me quite a lot of humming and hawing until I chose the items to uninstall.

Hopefully that works for you too like it did for me.
tstorzuk

Post by tstorzuk »

Awesome!

636 of the 683 iso's were processed. Windows update unfortunately was given too much power on the PC I was using and ran updates and rebooted the machine automatically, stopping the process short before finishing the last 18 titles. Yes, 636 + 18 doesn't equal 683, only 654. Some of the titles weren't completed as there were corrupt files found by MakeMKV. But still, if I get 654 out of 683 isos in 2 days, what a time savings!!! I was previously doing them one at a time a couple a day (lots more on weekends when I was at home) for the past month and had only been able to get ~500 done so far. This just buzzed through the remaining titles in 2 days!!!

OMG, thanks for putting this together!!!!