MakeMKV Batch Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
ddiehl

Re: MakeMKV Batch Converter

Post by ddiehl »

Chetwood wrote:http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6635z

It will stay on as long as anybody downloads it in between 30 days. I've removed the link capability so the forum's spam check won't kick in.

Thank you very much..
GTiceman

Post by GTiceman »

I downloaded this and seem to have the same error as others where the read is faster than the write and my files fail.

Also, is there a way to point to a different location for the temp files to be stored?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

That's an MakeMKV "error" and not an error of the tool. So if you put the TEMP folder on another HDD, or write from HDD1 to HDD2 as I'm doing, your system might be fast enough without giving this message. I see it sometimes too but don't care since it only means, exactly that: your system reads faster than it can write the data.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
GTiceman

Post by GTiceman »

Thanks!

So did you just relocate the folder or just install to another HDD? I didn't see an option to relocate to the temp folder. I have this installed on my OS drive which is a smaller SSD and I have 9 movie drives filled that I need to convert. Are the temp files actually complete? I never see an output file created in the original source folder, they all just fail. MakeMKV itself works fine when I do the ISOs individually.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

It would appear you cannot set the temp manually but it is created on the output drive.
character82

Post by character82 »

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can answer 2 questions about this app.

1. How does it distinguish which title to use? for example is X movies has 3 titles that are all 24Gb each, how does it choose?

2. Why are the file sizes smaller than what MakeMKV shows? for example, makeMKV shows that the file is 24Gb., but Batch Converter's file at the end is 14Gb?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

It does not, MakeMKV does. File size is smaller cause you're not getting all tracks? Or maybe it's because it's one of those BD with fake titles.
character82

Post by character82 »

Chetwood wrote:It does not, MakeMKV does. File size is smaller cause you're not getting all tracks? Or maybe it's because it's one of those BD with fake titles.
MakeMKV doesn't automatically choose a track and copy it. This program does. So what is the logic that it uses to automatically select a track?
altano

Post by altano »

Thanks for making this great utility. One issue I'm seeing is that the output folder doesn't always get created so some of the ripped files get lost. I just ripped 22 blu-ray folders and only had 19 output folders, so 3 were lost. The converter reported success for all 22 and the dropping of files seems to be random.

Thanks again!
andyc1024

Post by andyc1024 »

Hi, I'm new to using MakeMKV and the Batch Converter applications but I have a question to ask the experts:
I have a large number of DVD \ Blue-Ray ISO images to convert to MKV for use with Plex. I have used the Batch Converter to successfully convert about 8 DVD and Blue-Ray images as a test run but I have noticed that the HD audio tracks don't seem to have transferred from the ISO image to the MKV file, as illustrated by the attached images.

Is this something I'm not doing correctly and if so can you please advise how I can automatically include the HD audio track in the batch conversion process.

Thanks in anticipation.
Attachments
MKV file without TrueHD.PNG
MKV file without TrueHD.PNG (16.61 KiB) Viewed 45912 times
ISO with TrueHD.PNG
ISO with TrueHD.PNG (20.23 KiB) Viewed 45912 times
altano

Post by altano »

Did this app randomly stop working for anyone else? I run it and it immediately crashes without any UI even showing up.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that didn't fix it. I'm on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials w/ MakeMKV 1.9.9 (the latest).
JoeB99

Post by JoeB99 »

Can you please add a button to remove all successful converted files, but leave FAILED conversions?

Sometime, a few fail for no reason at all (mkv fault probably) and just need to be converted again. When converted again, they are usually successful.

Thanks.
awraynor

Post by awraynor »

Thanks for your hard work. I have a large collection of folder rips. It would be great for the original file to be deleted once the successfully converted file is finished given my collection is over 4TB.
xx0m3gaxx

Post by xx0m3gaxx »

Having a problem with a network drive that I have, it sometimes drops and all the files following fail to convert (to be expected)
but once they fail it does not give me the option to try again.
I have tried to remove them and re add them and it will scan and analyze them but wont ever convert them (yes the auto convert is checked)

quick image of what I am talking about
http://prntscr.com/cn24ez
mmortal03

Post by mmortal03 »

Looks like http://makemkvbatch.com/ is down.